• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What are the best exercises for your butt?

NellyBell

Registered Member
I know, I know, we live in a booty-obsessed world and I'm a member of it. Gymnastics served me well here in my younger days but that's all disappearing. I know that squats are good, but I've always wondered if there are certain variations that are better than others. What other kinds of exercises that are good? Are weights necessary?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
You will get better results doing squats with weights. Also walking up a steep hill, or embankment, will help. When I use to pick up trash along the highway walking up those embankments would make my rear end soar even though I was doing crunches on a bowflex.

NellyBell

Registered Member
I figured that was the case. Any chance you know how significant the difference is with weights? Walking up steep hills is a great one. It's easy for me around where I live. Thanks @Hilander you always have great advice.

Pepper

Registered Member
I agree; squats are great for both legs and butt muscles. What you also can do is lunges. You can do alternating leg lunges with weights. They really work wonders.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Adding lunges in would add some diversity, so thanks for that! I always get super bored with squats so I was hoping to hear about some other options. But you know, the results are obviously the most important part. Glad to hear there's at least one other exercise to throw into the routine. Thanks!

Carmelita

Registered Member
I agree; squats are great for both legs and butt muscles. What you also can do is lunges. You can do alternating leg lunges with weights. They really work wonders.
I agree with Pepper, lunges with hand weights are probably going to help you the most. Squats are also good but I hate them. I always have trouble balancing when I squat. I think you are supposed to keep your feet flat but I'll fall back if I do that. If I balance on the balls of my feet, it works better but it is hard. Yuck!

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
In my unprofessional opinion I think squats and lunges are the best exercixes for your butt. I know that when I do them, I certainly feel the deep burn in my butt and thighs.

Pepper

Registered Member
@Carmelita you can work your way up to squats. Balance is something that you can learn with practice. I could not do them at first, but now I really love them. And above all, I love what they are doing to my butt :D