• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What are some good exercises when it's cold outside?

NellyBell

Registered Member
I usually like going on walks, especially because I can do that easily with my toddler and give my dog some exercise, but it's starting to get a little nippy here (and I'm a total baby when it comes to the cold). What are some other ways to get some low-intensity cardio in that allows me to stay inside? Bonus points if I can do it with a toddler.

Keri35

Registered Member
Great question! Buy an indoor trampoline and take turns jumping on it. You can also buy an exercise ball and use that while you're watching TV.

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
You could turn on some Christmas music and dance. Or kill two birds with one stone by cleaning your house while your toddler helps you. If the child isn't too heavy you could have him lay across your back while you do push-ups.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Oh man, @MiketheGrinder he's way too heavy for me! But that would have been fun to try to do. Cleaning up is realistically probably going to be what ends up happening but I'm also going to look out for an indoor trampoline like @Keri35 suggested. That sounds fun and I thnk he'd love it!

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
Jumping or jogging on a trampoline has many benefits beyond just exercise. Because of jumping against gravity, it helps move fluid through the lymphatic system, which is a good thing since the lymphatic system doesn't have a "pump" to move it (like your heart pumps blood through the body). It will be so good for you.