What all domain names you have?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by cyrus, Sep 13, 2009.

1. cyrus

cyrus New Member

Hi all,

I recently purchased a domain of .com and while marketing i saw different options like .net, .info, .org, .mobi, many more.

Well can any one tell that which one should we purchase.
    OR
    Which one get easily promoted from search engines!?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

.com is the only way to go. I own a bunch but I have never really bothered with anything but .com except in a few situations.

3. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Everyone says that there is no second tier penalty, but I never see anything other than .com when I search, so I don't believe that. But just to be sure, if you are building a business ALWAYS get the .net and .org and others if you can afford it just to be sure nobody copies your brand.

4. JohnDread

JohnDread New Member

.com is like the main one that everyone uses... but there are alot of people like me who use .net... i have 2websites with .net and 1 forum with .com... simply i get more people on the .net than .com, why i don't know... mostly all the people i get from .net are international : Europe/Spain... so on.
    while .com has lowly registration and most of them are only from america.

5. Nick-Aotmzgin

Nick-Aotmzgin Registered Member

com- stand for community org- for organization Net- for network
    info - for informative website mobi- for mobiled website
    Depend what your Website Represents!

6. cyrus

cyrus New Member

Exactly this is the answer what i am looking for.

Why i'm purchasing a domain? Think before deciding which name !!

:cool:

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

.com stands for company actually.

Also, it really doesn't matter what your website represents. If you want to go to a website for a charity are you going to assume it's a .org or will you type in the .com?

Studies have shown that people will assume a website ends in .com about 99% of the time or more. You might save money by getting .info or .golf :)stare:) but in the end you'll pay ten times as much in marketing.

If your site is coolstuff.info, it's only a matter of time before the guy who owns coolstuff.com will realize you've developed a site on the .info. All he has to do then is develop one too and when your visitors accidentally type in .com they'll soon forget that your site ever existed.

Of course you can try your luck. I've only been doing this for 10 years. What do I know. :)