What academic degree do you have?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, Apr 5, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Has it really helped (or do you think it will help) you a lot in your post-education life/career?

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I have a Bachelor of Arts (Both accounting and math majors)

It has helped me get my current job can't imagine going with out it.

3. orangelightning

orangelightning Registered Member

I have a high school diploma and almost have a bachelors of science in biology. Both have been and will continue to be absolutely essential for my line of work. I will probably get at least a masters degree as well. Or maybe a JD. I haven't decided.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I've got BA in Behavioral Studies and MS in Pyschology. Helped me fast track my career when I was single. Then I stopped working to be full time mom (3 kids). For some it translates to wasting my education just because I chose to apply my studies now with my family and other relationships instead of my career.

5. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I have a degree in Sport Management w/ a minor in business administration

English-Emo-Boy likes this.
  6. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I have a B.A in Computer Science (and a teacher's certificate), I was going to go into it, but then started a family so I work in something completely different. I might go into teaching or programming later.

7. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

I'm a college dropout. I went for two years but after talking to people in my field opted to not pursue a degree my second year and just take classes that interest me. Currently I'm a mom but have done some photography in the past and hope tp have a business again when the kids are a little older. I am grateful for what I learned in my photography classes as they gave me a solid foundation to build on.

8. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

why have you never told me this???
    -------------------------------
    I have a BS in Psychology. It has not helped me yet.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

You didn't get my telepathic message?

I know about your degree. It probably helps you more than you realize.

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm learning all this stuff about you now, after having known you for almost 4 years already.