• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What About Triple G

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Our favorite boxer at home is Triple G. He is from Europe but he boxes here in America. He owns 3 title belts . He has never been defeated but has only 1 tie from Canelo Alvaraz a couple months or so back. There will be a rematch. . . here is a link to know who triple g is. . . Gennady Golovkin - Wikipedia

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Golovkin is the one guy who made David Lemieux look really bad in the ring. Here in Quebec, of course David Lemieux is probably our best boxer (don't talk to me about Adonis Stevenson who's been fighting ham'n' eggers ever since he won his title) so I was really rooting for him against Golovkin but Triple G is truly a one of a kind boxer. He might be the best boxer in the world, pound for pound.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
I believe in March 2018 Triple G's next opponent is to be Daniel Jacobs whom I hear is a very good boxer also... Do you know of Daniel Jacobs? What do you think about this matchup? Do you think anyone can beat Triple G? If so, who? Do you think the retired Floyd Mayweather can beat Triple G even though they're in different weight classes?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I believe in March 2018 Triple G's next opponent is to be Daniel Jacobs whom I hear is a very good boxer also... Do you know of Daniel Jacobs? What do you think about this matchup? Do you think anyone can beat Triple G? If so, who? Do you think the retired Floyd Mayweather can beat Triple G even though they're in different weight classes?
I've heard of Daniel Jacobs but I'm more of a casual boxing fan (pro wrestling is my forte and I'm an MMA fan as well haha) so I can't really tell you if he could beat Triple G. As for Floyd Mayweather, he's smart enough to take Triple G to the limit. Mayweather isn't the most exciting boxer inside the ring. But he knows what to do to avoid getting knocked down and to exploit his opponents' weaknesses. But Golovkin is a whole different beast. There's always that "one fight too many" looming over boxers and Mayweather might regret taking this fight.

CubsMascot

Registered Member
Did you hear that the rematch is being promoted by Oscar de LaHoya? It's going to take place on May 5th which is also coincidentally Cinco de Mayo.
Gee don't you think that is something else that a Hispanic is promoting the match and that it is going to take place on a Hispanic observation day?
This was asked of Triple G on what he thought of this and his response was that he's not worried because he has the support of Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. who the fans also love.

I hope this match isn't going to be rigged because of all the millions that's going to be put into. It's a shame that boxing fans pay big bucks and sometimes get disappointed with the match.

Who am I going for: Triple G of course

canelo-vs-triple-g-it-is-finally-fight-week.jpg

Who is going to watch this? Who are you going for?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I don't know if they're gonna cancel that fight. Those are the two biggest names in boxing right now. And from what I read, it's fairly common for Mexican athletes to fail a PED test for Clenbuterol because of meat in Mexico. If anything, the rubber match sells itself. I mean, if GGG loses to Canelo, he can claim that Alvarez cheated. So, you get the narrative for the 3rd fight.

CubsMascot

Registered Member
I don't know if they're gonna cancel that fight. Those are the two biggest names in boxing right now. And from what I read, it's fairly common for Mexican athletes to fail a PED test for Clenbuterol because of meat in Mexico. If anything, the rubber match sells itself. I mean, if GGG loses to Canelo, he can claim that Alvarez cheated. So, you get the narrative for the 3rd fight.
That is also what I heard and then there was something about that Alvarez was getting so fit that he would for sure beat Triple G and make it look like it was fixed. Whatever the case may be it would be dumb to cancel this fight because of all the hype they are the 2 best today. Any other match would mean fans are going to get a medicore match for their money.