• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

What about other living creatures?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
but I'll still be glad I'm not in hell.
And who said you're not going to hell? :lick:

Bananas said:
Unless my pets are in heaven with me I'd find it hard to call it heaven.
Just when I think that every animal should go to heaven, I find myself thinking about dinosaurs as well. What is a dinosaur doing in heaven? Does it make sense?
So in a way, I start to classify the animals by their nature. Some could be meant for hell and others for heaven.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Just when I think that every animal should go to heaven, I find myself thinking about dinosaurs as well. What is a dinosaur doing in heaven? Does it make sense?
So in a way, I start to classify the animals by their nature. Some could be meant for hell and others for heaven.
See, that raises an interesting question. If animals have souls, that means they can sin. So they can do things like kill, steal etc. The difference is, they lack the sentience to know the difference between right and wrong, and thus how do they know to change their ways so they can get into heaven? It doesn't make sense that God would make them able to come to heaven without the ability to live in a way that allows them to get into heaven.

Bananas

Endangered Species
Smelnick; said:
Which is why I hope they'll be in heaven as well. If it turns out that they aren't, that will suck, but I'll still be glad I'm not in hell.
It was a polite (and slightly round about) way of saying, unless my pets were with me ...I would be in hell.

EllyDicious; said:
No it does not make sense Elly... but then again this is the religious forum. Consider in the time I wrote this post hundreds of thousands of creatures all over the world have died it seems we humans have a narcissist superiority complex when it comes to things like heaven.

Last edited:

Daemonic

Registered Member
See, that raises an interesting question. If animals have souls, that means they can sin. So they can do things like kill, steal etc. The difference is, they lack the sentience to know the difference between right and wrong, and thus how do they know to change their ways so they can get into heaven? It doesn't make sense that God would make them able to come to heaven without the ability to live in a way that allows them to get into heaven.
What makes you think soul = ability to sin?

Just curious since I believe in the soul but not sin. I guess the better question would be what is a soul from your perspective?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
and thus how do they know to change their ways so they can get into heaven? .
Animals are trained by humans so this means they can change their ways but still this is not objective. They are trained to be good or bad according to the way a person trains them. So, still it's not fair that an animal trained to be bad, goes to hell .. because that's the way he's been told to act.

That's why animals can't change their ways and if they do, it doesn't come from them. It's the outside factor that plays role in the way they'll act.
But by nature, animals could be divided for heaven or hell and this selection is more fair.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
...Animals, plants or any other specie?
What does your God say about them when referring to the afterlife? What is He going to do with them? Is there any "Hell" or "Heaven" concept saved for these creatures? If yes, on what basis?
There are a few ancient rabbinic (Jewish) texts that raise the issue take the position that animals have no expectation of eternal life.

Maimonides' concept of the afterlife was a profoundly intellectual one, in which eternal life was the exclusive privilege of those who were capable of contemplating eternal truths. He accepted Aristotle's thesis that humans, by virtue of their intelligent minds, were subject to individual divine providence. Animals, on the other hand, benefit only from a general providence that guides the survival of entire species.

A very different perspective on the issue was introduced by the Kabbalah, and especially by the rise of the Hasidic movement in eastern Europe.
Like many adherents of the Kabbalah, the Hasidim believed in the doctrine of gilgul, the transmigration of souls. According to this belief, those persons who are not quite ready to be admitted to Paradise are sent back into the world until they succeed in repairing their spiritual state. The souls of sinners have to rise through the stages of inanimate objects, plants and animals before being allowed to resume their human status.

Hiei

The Hierophant
According to my personal beliefs, animals have souls, and though I consider plants to be living entities, I do not believe that they have a soul.

To me, a soul is nothing more than energy that you borrow from the galaxy from the moment you're alive until the moment that you die. When you die, that energy is redistributed through the galaxy once again. So, I don't believe in heaven or hell, but I do completely believe that animals have just as much a soul as people do and the same thing will happen to them that's going to happen to us.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Animals, at least from what I remember about Christianity, have no place in either location as they do not have souls. They are viewed as servants of mankind and nothing more.
Very true.
I have a panda doing the ironing as we speak. --

As for animals going to heaven, well, I don't quite know what I believe in. But from what I've read or am aware of in the religious documents closest to me and the society in which I live, well, they don't get a look in, which is a shame. Because animals are awesome. If there is a heaven, animals deserves to be there far more than I do... I hope it's made so. *sad face*

Last edited: