What about other living creatures?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by EllyDicious, Sep 8, 2010.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

...Animals, plants or any other specie?
    What does your God say about them when referring to the afterlife? What is He going to do with them? Is there any "Hell" or "Heaven" concept saved for these creatures? If yes, on what basis?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Animals, at least from what I remember about Christianity, have no place in either location as they do not have souls. They are viewed as servants of mankind and nothing more.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Throwing them away like they never existed is not fair at all.
    We're all his creatures and I see it as a flaw that He didn't save a place for these living things, in the afterlife. But maybe it's just the Christian God that is not clear enough about this issue.

I hardly believe that the real God [the one who doesn't belong to any religion] didn't think about this in further details.

4. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

This topic is making me think, mostly because the ultimate divine in my beliefs doesn't say anything about the afterlife for animals or people. I believe in reincarnation or eventually reaching your own sense of Godhood. I never thought about if I think animals have souls, but always believed they have a spirit. Anyway, even if they don't "go somewhere" I don't see it as a waste. Even if their spirit just becomes one with the earth through the cycle of life, death, and birth. They would give to the earth and be reborn in the trees, from the trees animals eat and they become a part of them, the cycle continues. In that sense they are always a part of everything. From my perspective that alone is a very beautiful and meaningful thing. Personally, even if that is the case I would think they may have some form of conscious energy (or soul) left over after their death aside from what they give to the earth.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  5. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

What Cons says about souls is pretty much what most Christians believe. However, the prophet Isaiah did say there would come a time where the lion would lay down with the lamb and the children would play with vipers and not be hurt. I'm not sure if that is a reference to Heaven or the Millennial reign. Personally I believe that since all of our desires will be in Heaven, some animals could be resurrected, but I have no Biblical evidence to prove that.

Its just not something I've given much study to.

6. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Well, it says in the bible is that the animals were created to serve man, and that they have no souls. So I don't see that they would go to heaven. I would like to think that they do, but it may just be one of those unfortunate truths.

7. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

I think that they do have souls personally, and I'm guessing MiT is backwards in thinking that most Christians would disagree with me. Just the impression that I've gotten over the years.

8. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

The Bible isn't clear one way or the other. I can't say about the Koran. I know that Hindus believe that all life is a part of a cycle of reincarnation; I believe only humans can break free of the cycle, but animals will get their chance when they become humans.

9. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Unless my pets are in heaven with me I'd find it hard to call it heaven.

10. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Which is why I hope they'll be in heaven as well. If it turns out that they aren't, that will suck, but I'll still be glad I'm not in hell.