• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

WGN Cancels WWE Superstars

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure WGN thought it would either get bigger ratings or the WWE would actually use their main eventers on the show. Turned out to be the case.

It was a great show if you just liked just wrestling but I'm not surprised it's being canned.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It was a great show if you just liked just wrestling but I'm not surprised it's being canned.
What Millz said.

There were some really good matches that should have been on RAW/SD on this show, but I figured ratings would be an issue.

Now it's going to be put up or shut up for the WWE on guys like Reks, Masters, Baretta, Hawkins, JTG, Ryder, Primo, etc. that they're only halfway using.

I could see a few roster cuts coming soon after this, lol.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not surprised that it's being cancelled on WGN. I was surprised that it picked it up in the first place.

I don't get to watch much of Superstars, unless I find the matches online but it's a top notch show when it comes to matches. Superstars also helps mid-carders that don't get to showcase their talents on Raw or Smackdown.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have occasionally caught Superstars on Sky 1 or Sky 2 (they have messed about so much I often forget) and whilst it is good to watch I have never sat down to watch it or considered downloading it alongside Raw and Smackdown. Bring back heat!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This show pretty much turned into Heat or Velocity...and it happened fairly quickly.

I think it's good to have a show in which these guys can prove themselves and I don't mean Florida Championship Wrestling.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
This show pretty much turned into Heat or Velocity...and it happened fairly quickly.

I think it's good to have a show in which these guys can prove themselves and I don't mean Florida Championship Wrestling.
I agree about a show for the lower/mid card guys, but are we just screwed on that front now?

Is there a chance among all of this that a new station will pick it up? I mean SyFy is enjoying its highest ratings ever because of Smackdown, surely they or someone else would want to try and feature Superstars.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I agree about a show for the lower/mid card guys, but are we just screwed on that front now?

Is there a chance among all of this that a new station will pick it up? I mean SyFy is enjoying its highest ratings ever because of Smackdown, surely they or someone else would want to try and feature Superstars.
I heard it may be going online for a while until they find out what to do with it here in the US. I figure it will be online until after the summer and then maybe go to Syfy. Maybe after Smackdown or something.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yep, online seems to be the way it is going to go. Heat lasted on wwe.com for a long time and NXT is currently there but my preference is on television.

Besides, that's where the money is at!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Yep, online seems to be the way it is going to go. Heat lasted on wwe.com for a long time and NXT is currently there but my preference is on television.

Besides, that's where the money is at!
Agreed, but its either take the show off the air completely, or put it online. I think online is the best idea.