WGC Bridgestone Invitational

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Tiger has won this event seven times, but shot 74-72 in his first two rounds putting him at +6 and is currently 75th out of 81 players. I can't remember if this tournament has a cut or not.

Retief Goosen is the leader right now at -8. Mickelson is a few shots back and could overtake the #1 world ranking this week.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I watched a bit of it yesterday, couldn't get a good feel for the players though. All I know is that Tiger is struggling big time. I'm not sure if this tournament as a cut either, but if it does I'm sure that Tiger won't be going into the weekend.

Like you mentioned he's dominated this tournament in the past, but not only that, he's dominated the month of August in his career.

None the less, it's not always about Tiger. There's a lot of good players on the course this weekend, and I'm going to try and catch the third and final round over the weekend.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Tiger shot 75 today and declined to talk to the media again. He sure isn't helping his image too much.

If Tiger doesn't finish in the top 45, then Phil will claim the #1 ranking with a top 4 finish.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never had an issue with atheletes not wanting to talk to the media after a bad performance. I know it's part of being a pro athelete, but it's the last thing you want to do when your coming off from a bad day.

Tiger looked awful today, his shot his awful, he definitely needs to work on a lot of parts of his game. Mickelson is only two shots back, and still as a lot of golf to play.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Tiger shot 77 today to finish at +18, his worst tournament as a professional. I doubt this is the start of a David Duval type of collapse, but it still surprises me to see him do this poorly. Just shows that golf is almost all mental.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Like Woods said "it's been a long year" It was a terrible tournament for Tiger Woods. He'll need to look back at this tournament and just re-group.