• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

We've Heard About Mudslides, Earthquakes now Tornadoes

ILuvChuzzles31

Registered Member
Here in Illinois this morning I heard the storm that was happening and could not sleep.
I was watching TV and heard thinder even over the TV which was about 5 feet from me.
This morning I just read this article and thought ok here we start..

Are you in any of the seven states that are mentioned?
Do you live in a hurricane state, tornado state, mudslide state, earthquake state or any other kind of natural disaster state?

Ifyou don't live in the US where you do live do you live in an area with some form of natural disaster that can happen? If so which one?

Mississippi Valley at Risk for Tornadoes and Large Hail - NBC News

Last edited:

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
A huge yes for Oklahoma. But this year is really wonky because its already June and no tornado sirens yet. There was a wall cloud last week but that didnt drop any tornadoes here and we shoulda already had tornadoes. Last spring there were tornadoes all around us and I watched 2 drop out of the clouds but nothing this year. Yet.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
I'm glad I live in Maine, United States, because hurricanes up here are rare, mudslides are almost unheard of, and tornadoes don't happen much either.

Some people who don't live in Maine think the winters are too harsh. But the fact remains that natural disasters usually don't occur here in the Pine Tree State.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
We haven't had any tornadoes either but I know some places did. Here its just rained a lot this spring, not too many severe storms even.

We never get mud slides here and don't usually have big forest fires either. We get a few tornadoes but not like the plains states.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
No mudslides or forest fires here either. I think the tallest mountain here is maybe 4 feet tall and the trees are too far apart. No volcano or earthquake disasters either. Theres no volcanoes and the worst earthquake was a 5.2. It felt like the house moved but nothing moved on the tables or shelves.

But we do get serious ice storms every winter. The worst one was in 2007 and knocked the power out. There were trees all over the roads so not much traffic but we did see a tree on a truck. The roof of the cab was almost touching the street. And the trees were falling on houses too. It was really weird because when it hit there was thunder and lightning and we could hear transformers on the power poles exploding. Really scary stuff!

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
My state in Australia is most known for droughts and bushfires. We have bushfires almost every years, sometimes they wipe out dozens of whole towns in just one Summer.