• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Western vs Eastern Conference

Do you think that the Western and Eastern conferences are signifigantly different?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
In the old NHL before the game changes, Eastern Conference and Western Conference hockey was much different, with the Western Conference being very low-scoring and the Eastern Conference having very high-scoring games. Do you think that the two conferences are still different with the rule changes and the salary cap?

F

Forbidden

I no longer see much of a difference between them, you could say that one conference may be more physical than another, but both have certain teams who have a lot of tough players, so I think it's about even again.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
The one thing that I notice is the talent gap. If you look at the first round of the playoffs, the East had seeds 1-4 winning, while the West has seeds 4-8. This seems to tell me that the top 8 Western teams play essentially on equal ground, while the East now has the powerhouses after years of Detroit, Dallas, Colorado, and St. Louis ruling the West.

F

Forbidden

That is true, it showed that one conference continued to dominate, and in the other some other teams were able to pull off some upsets.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
However I will agree that while the strength of teams is different, play style and scoring has become much more uniform in the NHL over the last year.