Westboro Baptist church banned from the UK

Bananas

Endangered Species
BBC NEWS | England | Hampshire | Anti-gay preachers banned from UK

Anti-gay preachers banned from UK

Fred Phelps and his daughter have been banned from entering the UK

A father and daughter from a US church which preaches hatred of homosexuals have been banned from entering the UK.
Fred Phelps and his daughter Shirley Phelps-Roper from the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) had urged protests against a play being put on in Hampshire.
Queen Mary's College in Basingstoke is staging The Laramie Project, a play about a man killed for being gay.
Mrs Phelps-Roper told BBC News the decision would "bring great wrath upon your heads".
She warned that other members of the church, who are not as well known to the authorities, would be trying to get into the UK to protest.
"There are members of WBC that are not named Phelps," she said.

"So they [the authorities] might have their work cut out for them.
There is a follow up story to this>>>>

BBC NEWS | England | Hampshire | Planned anti-gay demo falls flat
Planned anti-gay demo falls flat

A threatened mass protest by an anti-gay US church failed to materialise when only one demonstrator turned up.

I dont care what people say about about freedom of speech I for one am glad that such bitter and twisted hatred is not tolerated here.

BigBob

Registered Member
It always pisses me off when they get into the news period. Ever since hearing about them I believed they should've all been killed.

It would be nice to see people protest outside their church to see if they'd try and get them all arrested. They'd call the cops and the cops would be like "..yeah..sorry..we can't..we're a little busy at the moment.." *people in the background yelling* "Chug! Chug! Chug!"

I think they're the worst and sorriest excuse for a "Christian" family in the world, I think they have no purpose other than to spit in soldier's families' faces and piss off everyone. Outlawing them outright, however, does not mean they will stop and for the UK they're pretty much moving closer to being anti-freedom of speech.

But banning them here would be far worse because then it'd give certain groups here all the firepower they needed.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
For a moment I thought any anti-gay person wouldn't be allowed in the UK. :lol: I'm not that familiar with WBC but from what I read in the article they seem to be disturbing. For those who didn't click on the first url to read the full article, this one explained the reason behind the ban:

The UK Border Agency said it opposed "extremism in all its forms".
A spokesman added: "Both these individuals have engaged in unacceptable behaviour by inciting hatred against a number of communities.

"We will continue to stop those who want to spread extremism, hatred and violent messages in our communities from coming to our country.
"The exclusions policy is targeted at all those who seek to stir up tension and provoke others to violence regardless of their origins and beliefs."
Too bad they can't tell really if a random person is a member of WBC but they must be successful in limiting them if only one turned up to protest. What a brave soul. haha