Westboro Baptist church banned from the UK

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Bananas, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

BBC NEWS | England | Hampshire | Anti-gay preachers banned from UK

There is a follow up story to this>>>>

BBC NEWS | England | Hampshire | Planned anti-gay demo falls flat

I dont care what people say about about freedom of speech I for one am glad that such bitter and twisted hatred is not tolerated here.

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

It always pisses me off when they get into the news period. Ever since hearing about them I believed they should've all been killed.

It would be nice to see people protest outside their church to see if they'd try and get them all arrested. They'd call the cops and the cops would be like "..yeah..sorry..we can't..we're a little busy at the moment.." *people in the background yelling* "Chug! Chug! Chug!"

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

That is some massive fail right there.

4. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

Sweet, now you guys just need to kick out the church of scientology and you'll be good.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

inorite? Must've been pretty embarrassing for the guy.

I think the WBC is one of the rare times you can censor freedom of speech. They're just too far off the deep end.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I think they're the worst and sorriest excuse for a "Christian" family in the world, I think they have no purpose other than to spit in soldier's families' faces and piss off everyone. Outlawing them outright, however, does not mean they will stop and for the UK they're pretty much moving closer to being anti-freedom of speech.

But banning them here would be far worse because then it'd give certain groups here all the firepower they needed.

7. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Took you guys long enough. I'm pretty sure I'm banned from the UK. Who isn't these days?

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

For a moment I thought any anti-gay person wouldn't be allowed in the UK. :lol: I'm not that familiar with WBC but from what I read in the article they seem to be disturbing. For those who didn't click on the first url to read the full article, this one explained the reason behind the ban:

Too bad they can't tell really if a random person is a member of WBC but they must be successful in limiting them if only one turned up to protest. What a brave soul. haha

9. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

He's committed to the cause.

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I really need to move to the UK. It sounds like a great place to live lol

So open!