• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wesley Snipes Goes To Prison

Dabs

Registered Member
Damn, it was on the news today, actor Wesley Snipes was being sent to prison for 3 years because he didn't pay his taxes.
First, I am wondering, with all the money he has made, why on earth did he not pay his taxes??
Second, I think not paying your taxes is such a trivial minor reason to send someone to prison..while others who have committed much worse crimes, such as drug sellers, drug makers, molesters, etc...get a mere slap on the hand~
Our justice system needs some serious help.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Maybe when he gets out they can make Brooklyn's Finest 2.... wait, nevermind.

Taxes aren't nothing to mess with, hell, they took down Capone - Snipes didn't have a chance.

Dabs

Registered Member
Taxes are not a good reason to slap somebody in the slammer....like say, drug dealers selling to children....people making meth, ice, crack.....and selling it on the streets.
People who molest children and then are simply put on probation....only to be discovered like this past Halloween, to have their home decorated in a way to lure children to their homes.
The police don't do their jobs, the probation officers don't do their job.......and today, Snipes offered a 5 million dollar check, and the prosecutors said it was simply a way of him trying to avoid going to jail.
No shit...ya think??

Konshentz

Konshentz
I understand what you are saying.... but just because there are worse criminals out there, doesn't mean that people who commit lesser crimes should just be able to get off scott free. I agree, probably too harsh of a sentence but legal system is warped and that's just how it is.