Well looks like as if it has started...

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
:rolleyes:

These damn gun-grabbers can't even wait for Bush to leave office and they have started already. Good grief...

H.B. 45

Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.

Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.
In other words I need a little piece of plastic to own guns. When the government decides to make a law over some silly thing like turning in your assault rifles and you don't comply, scary men in black suits will bust in your door and take them and you can never own a gun again because your "permit" was revoked.

Fantastic. :rolleyes:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
A piece of plastic to carry a gun does not seem like a big deal. It's like a driver's license.

Hardly even worth noting.
To you maybe. Frankly I don't like being a puppet of the state, nor do I wish the state to know I have guns and how many. What's next after this? Gun taxes? Revocations over unpaid parking tickets... it's the government after all. As we have seen from CCL's, the government will revoke your license just because they don't like what you are doing. Legal or not.

Don't believe me, Google Greg Rotz or Meleanie Hain.

Drivers license are a totally different system.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "totally different system"?

Needing a license to own a gun would do the same thing that it does for cars...require owners to prove their responsibility before allowing them a potentially dangerous product.

Right?

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I don't think their will be a slippery slope when it comes to gun legality. I think you are jumping too quickly from A to F.

It seems like a perfectly reasonable law that you carry a license for your gun.

Now if other laws would start to change then it would be something to comment on.

Of course I would be pro any gun restrictions. But I dont think this is an outrageous request to carry lethal force.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I don't think you are understanding what I am getting at here. Government as I have pointed out will find reasons legal or not to revoke peoples gun permits. This is why I do no support having to have a little card to own a gun.

You can get three DUI's and at most only get a suspended drivers license. You can legally open carry, and have your CCL revoked all because the sheriff didn't like it. The attitude towards guns in this country would lead government officials to revoke gun ownership permits over stupid shit barring an otherwise law abiding citizen from owning guns. That is why I do not like it.

Last edited:

Grizzled_Bear

Registered Member
We're talking about needing to pay for a card to take advantage of a constitutionally protected right. In addition to taking tests left to the discretion of the attorney general, H.R.45 would require safe storage, something that has recently been ruled unconstitutional. It will only apply to handguns and assault rifles.

What criminal would possibly comply with this and register their illegal firearms?

What prospective criminal wouldn't just buy an unregulated shotgun instead?

Why wouldn't criminals just steal guns?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
DO you need a provisional Gun licence? And to take a theory and practical test?
No. Most states do not require registration or "permits". We don't need permits for a right.

Quinn & Rose 12/04/08

Listen to that. It explains why I am against "permits" to own guns. Over bearing government will try to deny it.
------
Well, my question is, what do you have to go through to get the "little piece plastic"?
Probably a form or 10. You'd have to list all the firearms you own, caliber etc... if you don't and are caught with guns w/o a permit, you get jail, fined etc... all for having guns, which is constitutionally protected. If they decide to ban certain types of guns in the future, they'll know who has them and you'll have no choice but to surrender them or face fines and imprisonment.

You'd most likely have to pay a fee or yearly tax of some sort and wait for the permit to own. Sure you would get the permit to OWN firearms (not to be confused with carry), but then the government as we have seen with concealed carry permits will find reasons to revoke your permit for stupid shit. (I know all this because a few states already have these systems in place. New Jersey and Illinois come to mind).

It will open a whole new can of worms that will lead us even further down the road or despotism.

Last edited: