Well I'm excited... new venture

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
I guess I'm a Jack of all trades, or Jill even.

I'm just trying to find that ONE THING (or 7, whatever it takes) to pay the bills and stay on top of life ya know? Well, I'm going to Phoenix on Sunday (arrrghhh.. what will I do without AS??? I think I'm going to try to take my son's laptop with me and see if I can get online at the hotel).

Anyway, my bf is going to teach me how to be a chip repair tech (windshield repair). I'm kinda nervous, it's a man's world MAJORLY, but, sometimes I think it can be to my advantage. Bat your eyelashes, a good bra... I get a fleet account. LOL.

I've been reading a chip tech board, and they seem pretty cool, it's like trying to read french tho, I'm lost half the time.

Just excited and nervous!

doubles2004

Registered Member
Well Lanna. You can do It I know two ladys In New Mexico That started doing this work .and they love It..They both have there own places now..And no this aint no mans world..Or at least not In my book.Any ways Good Luck Im sure you will love It.

TGirl

Registered Member
good Luck Lana.....Sometimes I think it is pretty cool to step outt the norm and learn anything trade...good for you

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
Thanks guys... you're sweet! Doubles, that makes me feel better, 2 chicks being chip techs.

I actually got the idea from my bf's last job. There was a girl there that was a chip tech, and we got to talking about it, and i realized, I can do that! Soooo... next week I'll be standing outside in the heat fixing windshields. eww... arizona heat!

A mans world??? HAH! The world belongs to anyone willing to break out of their shell! I talk to female techs quite often, since I'm in the insurance business! If it makes you happy then take the plunge!

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
angelspeak said:
A mans world??? HAH! The world belongs to anyone willing to break out of their shell! I talk to female techs quite often, since I'm in the insurance business! If it makes you happy then take the plunge!
I forgot you did the insurance thing!! I've not decided yet if I'm going to hassle with insurance or not. Not sure I see much point other than asking for possible referrals.

Msbabedoll said:
Hey Lana I admire you for taking on a mans job! Goes to show we can DO ANYTHING!!! GOod luck girl!
Well, the bf can put in glass, and THAT is a tough job imo, it's hot, and the glass is heavy, BUT.. he has the legs and butt of a 17 year old, and the back of a Olympia body builder LOL.

I'm SO READY to see him this weekend LOL

Last edited:

TGirl

Registered Member
fairyquadmother said:
he has the legs and butt of a 17 year old, and the back of a Olympia body builder LOL.

I'm SO READY to see him this weekend LOL

hmmmmmmmmmm ohhhhhhhh hmmmmmmmmmmm well is he 17???? you have never really said......<giggles> We wanna see a pic of your bed throw!!!!!!!!

nani1987

Registered Member
lana I say more power to you.... knowedgle is POWER and hey don't we live in the 21st centurny? Meaning if you got the know how use it.... and the more you know the more you will grow..........women these days are getting into everything so is socalled a man's world no such thing anymore.... men now are staying home to take care of the kids while the wife is the bread winner...so it's a 50/50 world now.....
nani don't you agree?

trina ok where is your mind going today...............lol

Last edited:

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
TGirl said:
hmmmmmmmmmm ohhhhhhhh hmmmmmmmmmmm well is he 17???? you have never really said......<giggles> We wanna see a pic of your bed throw!!!!!!!!
NO!! LOL. He's not 17.. he's 45 LOL. But he's a tasty bed throw LOL. *poke* you're scaring me tonight.