Well I Never Knew That.

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Anthony1975, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I thought this would be a good idea for a thread, do any of you have any facts that some might never have known? If so post them here.

I shall get things started. Remember when Bret lost the IC belt to The Mountie in 1992 just before the Royal Rumble when he was allegedly suffering with a 104 degree fever? Well did you know the actual reason he lost the belt was because he was negotiating with WCW? Hart was offered $300,000 as a guarantee to make the jump and had agreed to it until realizing his WWF contract had rolled over.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Holy shit I didn't know about that to this day!

I remember when I got the Ultimate Warrior Self Destruction DVD I didn't know that Warrior had held McMahon hostage for more money before his 1991 Summerslam match with the Triangle of Terror. McMahon agreed to pay him so that the main event went smoothly and then fired him when he got back to the back.

3. Anthony1975

Here's another

In October 1990, WWF president Jack Tunney placed Ravishing Rick Rude on "indefinite suspension" following crude remarks Rude made about the Big Boss Man's mother. The real life reason for this was because Rude's contract with the WWF was about to expire and they couldn't come to terms on a new contract. Rude eventually signed with World Championship Wrestling in late 1991.

4. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Anyone have anything that doesn't involve contracts??? :p

5. Anthony1975

Not many people may know the guy who was under the Max Moon mask was also Kato from the Orient Express.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Konnan also protrayed Max Moon for a little bit...

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you have a source for the Bret Hart story Anthony?

I like this type of thread, I'm going to do a bit of research and I'll be posting some soon.

8. Anthony1975

It was in a 1992 issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that I am currently reading on the Figure 4 Online site and it gave me the idea to do this thread because I never knew the reason as to why Bret lost.

9. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Wow nice one guys...especially the Bret Hart one, that's certainly interesting.

I thought for a while that there would be alot of African American heavyweight champions in the WWE, and I was kind of shocked to realize that The Rock was the first 3rd generation superstar, and the only African American to win the WWE Championship, and still is to this day...

10. Anthony1975

Jack Brisco was actually born Fred Joe Brisco, known as a kid as Freddie Joe, on September 21, 1941. The name Jack came from his grandfather, who gave it to him as a nickname because as a kid he was always chasing jackrabbits. He ended up hating the name Fred, refused to answer when people called him that, and before long he was Jack.