Welcoming people/new members

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
Anyway, like a few others said, I don't go into that area specifically, but if something catches my eye in Latest posts then Ill have a look and see what's up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
I try to do it as early as they post, but usually all we've been getting is people who come on here for advice or help and dont post any replies to what other members have to share with them for assistance. Now, I only welcome those who have at least 10 posts or more, then go to their welcoming page and reply.

~Shwa

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I always welcome someone on GF or generally online.

IRL also like to welcome people into my home and offer them a coffee or a tea. Generally I'm a welcoming person.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I used to welcome people occasionally, but now I hardly ever do. Honestly, I don't even read the Intro threads anymore. I'm just not into all the generic "I'm new here" and "Welcome to GF" posts.

ancredelamour

Registered Member
I only really welcome new members who get an avatar, because then I feel like I'm not wasting my time. I know that I should welcome newbies of all kinds to encourage them to post, but whatever.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
If they just say ' Hi i'm new' and that's it, then I might not reply. But if they come in with a jazzy thread title, and a cool intro thread, I'll be more likely to post something.

Jaszibabes

The Instigator
V.I.P.
I wonder if I had posted in the intro section, would I have gotten a better welcome? I just jumped right in and started posting, now, I regret not introducing myself. :/

I wonder if I had posted in the intro section, would I have gotten a better welcome? I just jumped right in and started posting, now, I regret not introducing myself. :/
Once people start posting regularly, I personally forget whether they even had an intro or not, so I don't think its harmful if you never did one. A know a few others mentioned that they didn't. (Cait, maybe??)

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
You introduced yourself just fine.

Most of the time I don't bother welcoming people. The majority of them are one post wonders.