Welcome to...... NBA JAM!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RarePD, Oct 26, 2007.

1. RarePD

RarePD Registered Member

Does anyone remember playing NBA Jam in the arcades? Does anyone remember how that game set the standard for easter eggs and codes? I mean, you could enter a set of secret initials, birthdates, and you'll have Al Gore and Bill Clinton on the same team! How the hell did they get away/or permission to do that? I also remember the follow-up, NBA Jam Tournament Edition AKA NBA Jam T.E.

It improved over the first with updated graphics, dunks, and of course rosters/codes. You could even play as Reptile, Raiden, Sub-Zero & Scorpion. Hah, I even remember the rumors flying around that you could play as Shaq and Jordan. But alas, just a rumor. :)

NBA Jam also had a hidden tank game and Pong game. Good times.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I loved this game. It's one of my favorite, if not my favorite sports games ever. I liked all of these style games, such as NBA Hang-Time, NBA Showtime, etc. I want to see more games like this on newer systems. The real life sports simulations just aren't what I enjoy in a sports game.

Flip dunking while in a blaze of fire is really as good as it gets. BOOOOM-SHOCKALOCKA! (Not sure if I spelled that right! :D)

I would play these games for hours upon hours upon days. They were awesome. I also loved the hidded stuff like in NBA Hang-Time you could play as aliens and odd characters, as well as changing Dennis Rodman's hair color. :D

3. RarePD

RarePD Registered Member

That game is responsible for a number of catch-phrases.

"He's on fire!"

"He's heating up!"

And if you want to experience that type of arcade basketball you should check out NBA Street Vol. 2.

I know there's a Vol. 3 but I prefer two, it has tighter gameplay, plus you had rookie Jordan, 1996 Jordan, and Wizard Jordan. Jordan's not in Vol. 3, what a rip-off!