Weird

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hoosier_Daddy, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

I debated with myself where to put this and this board was the best I could come up with. I had a pretty unusual thing happen to me and my family this week. You see, we have three house pets, two cats and a dog. Well, one of my cats started to become extremely lethargic and refused to eat anything. We let it go on for a few days and then noticed an enormous weight loss in him, so we decided to take him to the vet. I had no idea that this could happen, but to my utter surprise, my cat was in the second stage of aids. The vet assured us that this particular strain cannot be contracted by humans but that it was not a common occurence amongst house pets. He said that since our cat sometimes would sneak out to get a little pussy (pun intended) he must have contracted it from a neighborhood animal. Now we have the unenviable task of informing all of our neighbors that they need to have their pets screened for the virus. Fortunately for our other pets they tested negative today.

Hoosier.

2. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Weird... I've never heard of animal AIDS before, but I suppose it's not THAT strange once you think about it. I hope your cat gets better...

3. Hangtime15

Hangtime15 Guest

Hope your cat gets better.

4. Hoosier_Daddy

He'll only get better if he pulls another Lazarus. He had to be put to sleep as he was suffering. Thanks for the concern though.

Hoosier.

5. Shabir

Shabir Guest

wow man..you must be pretty sad..hope the best for ou and your pets man..good luck iwth the cat

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Dang. That IS pretty weird. I thought humans and dolphins were the only animals that do it for fun. I wonder if it's like another form of AIDS that'll eventually spread to humans, like smallpox did...

I've never had a pet that lived for more than a week before so I can only sympathize.

7. Blur

Blur iPimp

wow. aids is gonna kill off the whole freakin world if we dont start wrapping up...our pets....

8. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

"It was probably a gay cat, gay cats want to spread AIDS" -InTheNet

lol just teasing

9. Hoosier_Daddy

You owe me a new keyboard, buddy! I just spit my beer all over mine when I read your post. I guess now I'll need to be a crusader against the gay "pussy" agenda.

Hoosier.

10. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

All I can say about that is...hardcore, man. Sucks for the cat, though.