• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Weird Weather

Dabs

Registered Member
I'm not talking just a little bit odd, I'm talking very weird weather.
In my area, in all my life, I have never seen much snow....except for a few flurries now and then.
We just don't get blizzards down this far south, we don't get snow that accumulates to inches and calls off school......it's not the norm for us.
In my little area of southeastern Tennessee, we have mild winters.....we barely would call them winters.
So this morning, we awoke to a foot of snow!!!
Yes, we all were caught measuring ~LoL~
About 12 inches of snow fell overnight.....I have never seen so much white all over, since I last went wedding dress shopping!
This is very odd!
And people around here, don't know how to drive in this stuff....especially the older folks.
But you will still find people out on the roads, who don't know what the hell they're doing, and you'll see a lot of cars ended up in the ditches and stuck alongside the road.
Damn.....anyone else getting some odd weird weather??

Bliss

Sally Twit
snow u

We've had a lot of snow the past couple of months but most of the time it never settles because it always rains first.
I live in an area that rarely ever sees snow so it's been quite nice to have it. However, I just hate the ice that follows.

I guess the weather has been a bit strange here because last week I woke up in the night quite hot. I'd then wake up the next morning and it will be freezing cold and foggy. Just when you think you've seen the last of the snow we get more. It's been OK the past week or so.

Dekzper

Registered Member
The weather is totally weird here this year! :shocked: Since I was little we always have 100s (farenheit) in July and then it cools off some in August and we finally get rain. This year, July was in the 80s and most of August was in the 100s! Also, we always get ice or snow storms in December and January but it's been totally dry since last fall. It seems like we're living in another state cause this is NOT like Oklahoma, period!
12" of snow in Tennessee!? Wow! Pleeeease send us some! :D

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
We've never had a snowy December like we had last month. Actually we don't even hear of heavy snowing, much more a snowstorm. The weather has calmed now but yeah it was a weird start of winter. I still remember the winters here in Paris when it doesn't snow at all, and when it does, it's only for a few minutes and it's big news already (like back in 2003). Now we're like....oh, another snowy day.

BigBob

Registered Member
Weird that we've only gotten 3 inches on my side of Pennsylvania all winter when last year at this time we had over 3 feet. I hate when it doesn't snow. I wish it snowed year round, non-stop here.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
A co-worker showed me an article yesterday which said that 49 of the 50 states got snow during the last few days. The only state that didn't get any was Florida. I find that simply remarkable, I don't even know if that's has ever happened before it my lifetime.

We haven't gotten a lot of snow in my area this year, which makes me really happy, but I'm sure we're going to get a huge snowstorm soon. It always happens during this time of year.