Weird relatives? Or, 'What makes my aunt do this?"

hughes_collector

Registered Member
Do you have any relatives, or even friends, who are so weird in something they do that they just leave you scratching your head?

For me, it's my aunt in another state. This habit of hers actually started with my mother, when I was a little kid, and she (the aunt) would write letters. Then when I got old enough to write to, she continued the "tradition" with me.

She would often enclose things along with the letter that had no relevence to anything else, like totally random newspaper articles, or even other letters she got from people. Most of the time there was no explanation from her of why she sent it.

I even remember one time when she wrote me and sent along a pretty racy poem with no explanation. I remember it because I was only about 12, and even then thought it was pretty inappropriate to send to a kid, especially a girl. :-o (I don't think I ever let Mom know about that one!)

Now she does the same kinds of things with emails. She is always forwarding emails that either she wrote to someone else, or that she got from someone else. Most of the time, I don't know these people at all, and the emails are of zero interest to me. :confused:

Lately that's all she does anymore. It's been ages since she's wrote a personal email to me. Instead, she just forwards second-hand stuff to me. Most of the time I just delete them now without reading. She didn't even respond when I emailed her a question about something she said in a forwarded email (about a health issue), so I stopped trying.

She's not lonely. She has a husband, a daughter, and a bigger circle of friends than I do. So why does she do this?

And, anyone else have weirdness like this from family/friends?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
i'm not sure if i got your message right. there must be something wrong with her, mentally.[this may sound ridiculous, but that's what i would suppose].

or even other letters she got from people/emails of other people
that's not normal to me.

no. i haven't had such a weird relative, yet.

hughes_collector

Registered Member
Bonding? More like off-putting.

Even my sister was appalled when she got a totally inappropriate email from this aunt. So much so that she wants no more to do with her.

Mental issues? That's what I was wondering too. If so, it's been going on for a looooong time. I just have to wonder what she's thinking when she sends along this stuff...?

Earth

Registered Member
Bonding? More like off-putting.

Even my sister was appalled when she got a totally inappropriate email from this aunt. So much so that she wants no more to do with her.

Mental issues? That's what I was wondering too. If so, it's been going on for a looooong time. I just have to wonder what she's thinking when she sends along this stuff...?
:shifteyes: Has she been like this for a period of time?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
^didn't you read the whole post?
this habit of hers had been since the OP was a little kid.
------
tell your mom she needs a doctor. :shifteyes:
:(

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
If it's happening that much (and for years), I wonder why no one has really asked her why she does it. Someone must have and even if she ignored your question, she must have explained it somehow even at least once.

I have weird relatives, but I've gotten used to their weirdness it's almost normal.

FindMuck

Registered Member
Old people sex. :urp: jk jk but that is strange. You should talk to other relatives about it if it concerns you...maybe they can help her.

My grandfather is kind of like that. He sent me to Scotland to learn English and paid for it any everything, but when I email him in English he will not respond, same with when I talk to him over the phone, and he speaks it perfectly.

Old people are so weird sometimes...but I mean I guess we all are in our own ways.

Last edited: