• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Weird pushup problem

Psyco

Food Whore
I'm a swimmer, and my swim club has started to do dry land practices. We run for a while, then do some push-ups/sit-ups/wall-sits/etc. The problem is, that whenever we end up doing push-ups, after about 20 or so, my elbow starts making this "cracking" noise (like when you crack your knuckles and such). If i stop, it'll go away for a few minutes then come right back.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? It doesn't really matter where i end up putting my hands (I've changed positions many times). Any way i can stop this from happening?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's probably not a big deal. Did you ever injure your elbow at all or did this come up out of the blue?

Does it hurt or does it just make the popping sound?

Psyco

Food Whore
It doesn't hurt when it cracks, and i don't remember doing anything to it. If I'm not mistaken, this came up out of the blue a few months ago, when i was doing push-ups on my own. It went away for a while, then i didn't do as many.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I get that sometimes too. I think push-ups force your elbows to bend awkwardly. That's why they sell those push-up handle things, cause they bends your elbows more naturally.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Hmm...

Does it do this for any other excercises? Try some benching, curls, or pullups and see if it still does it.

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
I wouldn't worry about it unless it is painful.

Psyco

Food Whore
I think i found what the problem was. If i position my arms/hands in a certain way my elbows won't crack.

Teorropy

Yeah, I use to have that problem. My anwser to it is I went and got in an accident so I would never have to do pushups again. No, really, I don't think you need to worry about it if you aren't feeling any pain. My elbows are fine and they have always done that since I could remember.