weird eBay email

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by helpisontheway, May 17, 2005.

1. helpisontheway

helpisontheway Registered Member

Hey everyone... I just got an email from ebay.ca about me making my first sale... the thing is I never did make a sale on eBay.ca not a sale at all... all I have is my vase auction up...

What does it mean... is it spoof it says my eBay name and everything...

Way to go godmademethewayiam!

You've just completed a sale on eBay! It's a major achievement, and hopefully, one of many more successful sales to come. So now what happens? Read on and let us guide you through your next steps.

Contact your buyer. Make sure they understand exactly what their total price will be, including shipping, currency conversion, etc.

Accept payment. Be sure to accept PayPal, it's the preferred method of payment for the majority of eBay buyers.

Leave positive feedback. Once you've received payment, make sure you leave positive feedback for your buyer.

Ship your item. Visit our shipping centre for information about everything from bubble-wrap to customs info.

Seller Central
    Visit Seller Central to get access to priceless information for eBay Sellers, like hot selling items, eBay news, winning selling strategies and more! Visit Seller Central today.

Checkout Makes it Easier to Accept Payment
    Make sure to use Checkout when you're listing items on eBay. Checkout lets buyers receive a single email at the end of the auction that calculates the total amount and gives them an easy link to pay you.

Sell to the World
    For a better chance at success, check "Will Ship Worldwide" when listing your item. This makes it available to eBay users around the world. Don't forget to specify your shipping rates to avoid confusion.

2. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

Hmmmm I didn't know they sent those out...........thats weird!

3. helpisontheway

It had images in it like a regular email like when they send ones out for promotions and such... i had my account hacked into before but it was done through paypal... i never clicked on anything...

4. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I've gotten very official looking spam email about eBay in the past but nothing like that one. Guess all you can really do is check your "My ebay" and see if someone has hacked you (assume you already did that)? and send the letter on to eBay and wait for your form letter :)

5. helpisontheway

I checked MY EBAY.. no message like that in there... i looks really good... but I think they say your name in it too... not just user name...

6. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Forward it to [email protected]. They'll check it out & tell you if it's legit or not.

7. helpisontheway

Ya I did... no reply from them yet...

It looks soooo real... i'm comparing it to the road trip one but the road trip had my name on it not my id name...

Oh well... hopefully... eBay gets back to me to let me know...

8. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Ooohhh, BTW, it sometimes takes a couple days to hear back from them on stuff like this.

9. ecnotek

ecnotek Registered Member

I never click on them. I normally login to my account and find the promotions there. If they are not there I delete.