• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Weird curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelgarr

Registered Member
For those of you that were here and remember, why was 2/22/10 a day that GF had the most users online? If you don't remember, what is your guess for the reason why?

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Well, it was a Monday, and that's probably one of the busiest days of the week for GF anyway since a lot of the members log on whilst at work.

We had a 'postfest' here sometime in mid-February '10, where people [mostly just mods] made a ton of new threads and posts [hitting 100-200 posts in one day], but since not many participated, it could just be that there was a lot of activity in the aftermath of the postfest. Because a lot of members might have avoided the forum during the actual day of posting, but then there's inevitably a lot of new things to reply to. I don't know why that would increase the amount of members online though. Seems like it would just increase activity.

UTM (under the microscope) was popular on the 22nd of February, I think that was probably the day Imp and I spammed it.

aaaand that's about all I got for a guess. No idea, really. :lol:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I've wondered about this, too. The spike seems anomalous when contrasted with the online numbers I've seen, before or since that day. One guess is that a zippy GF thread was featured on Digg or whatnot for a time and a lot of gawkers entered through that portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.