• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Weiner-gate

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
RealClearPolitics - Video - "Daily Show" Host Stewart On Anthony Weiner: He's "Just Not That Big"

Weiner: It’s Possible Lewd Photo Is of Him - Washington Wire - WSJ

The official story: Rep. Weiner's twitter was hacked and a photo of his junk was sent to a 20yr old intern or associate as a joke. Somehow it was sent so everyone could see it instead of being private to her. Then immediately deleted. Weiner did not contact the police and now admits the the photo was probably him even though he still says the twitter was hacked and he had nothing to do with it. The 20 year old is some sort of Weiner groupie from what I gather. As you can see, I'm not sure on all the facts, I heard Limbaugh for a few minutes today and he was joking about it.

Just a funny distraction from the pending financial meltdown brought to us by an oddball Congressman.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
I was just watching this on the news, as I've been following it in my peripheral vision over the past couple days. Stewart was hilarious about it the other night, but I seriously think this has been blown way out of proportion. Perhaps news was slow, lately. Weiner used some equivocal language at first and then slightly became more resolved, but I hardly see how this matters to the major news organizations.

What drives me bonkers is when the reporters rhetorically ask, "Should we be concerned with this? Have we perhaps been making too much of a deal out of it?" and then go right on ahead and turn it into a big deal.

It's a photo of someone's junk in underwear. It was a "lewd" photograph, they say? It was like a bad Calvin Klein underwear advertisement. If he really did send it--I'd laugh. If it was a hoax and someone was making a joke about his last name--I'd laugh. They're scraping the bottom of the barrel for stories, I swear. It's meaningless at this point and it is just that--a distraction that is being bought into.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
What a dumbass. He should hide out until he has to resign, and try to avoid embarrassing himself further.

Put a fork in it, he's done.
------
@ Steg: this type of stuff has been used to destroy republicans: Mark Foley congressional page incident

Last edited:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
There's been a rising swell of interest in this thing all day. It's going to come to a head very soon, I can feel it. This is definitely the kind of rousing bit that Republicans don't like to let go of.

By the time we get to the bottom of this, I think it's going to mean a plunge, if not a series of plunges, for the allegedly amorous congressman's public and private fortunes.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
@SS: Republicans, Democrats, Klingons--it's the same story regardless of the side, right?
------
By the way, Tuck...nice. I got it on reading it through the second time. :lol:

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
@SS: Republicans, Democrats, Klingons--it's the same story regardless of the side, right?
------
By the way, Tuck...nice. I got it on reading it through the second time. :lol:
Not to SS, it's one side or the other.. neither side can be the same which is why not many people here take his opinion seriously anymore.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Not to SS, it's one side or the other.. neither side can be the same which is why not many people here take his opinion seriously anymore.
Hahaha, all I'm saying is it is either a big deal or it's not. It shouldn't matter who does it. Same thing Steg wrote in his reply. So is it a big deal? Yeah, I think so. If you are a R or a D, solicit boys or girls, interns or paiges, pictures or words, I think it matters.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The funny part is I heard about this last week. It wasn't a big deal because the source it came from was a website claiming republicans were planning a smear campaign against Weiner who has done a nice job of making republicans look silly. I'm sure you'd like to see him resign SS but don't worry, he'll be sticking around.

The site is lame, but the explanation is the one I heard days ago and brings light to just how easy it would be for someone to frame him including some evidence about the picture:

Cannonfire

EDIT: A better link from the story I read a few days ago. It's DailyKos which is a below average source but it provides picture analysis from another source essentially proving the picture is a fraud. I'm quite glad that Weiner is lawyering up and not taking questions about it (he's citing it as a 'distraction'). Good.

Last edited:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
LOL is that your thesis? WOW who could ever refute that? :lol:

Not even Weiner himself will say it isn't his wiener: Weiner: It’s Possible Lewd Photo Is of Him - Washington Wire - WSJ

WOLF BLITZER, CNN: "Have you ever taken a picture like this of yourself?"

REP. ANTHONY WEINER (D-NY): "I can tell you this, that there are -- I have photographs. I don't know what photographs are out there in the world of me. I don't know what have been manipulated and doctored and we're going to try to find out what happened. But the most important reason I want to find out what happened is to make sure that it doesn't happen again. Obviously somebody got access to my account. That's bad. They sent a picture that makes fun of the name Weiner. I get it. Touche."

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I love Rep. Weiner's thoughts on and passion for policy, so of course I'd hope that this is fraud as Merc was mentioning. I'm a big fan of the guy...but then again, I was a fan of John Edwards' policy stances and the guy ending up being an a-hole. Not that this is on the same level, if it ends up being true, but still. Politicians. Pshh.

We'll all find out the truth eventually, and in the mean time it's something to laugh at! :)