• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Weight Watchers

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Soooo ok this is my second week, tomorrow is my second weigh in. I am feeling MUCH better, have more energy. I STILL need to get some exercise though, I need some motivation there!

What I need is some really good low fat recipies. Iggy gave me a good one for fried chicken I had never heard of before.......

Take your chkn wash it, dip it in egg wash (I would use just egg whites for this) and then roll in instant taters and bake (that is DRY instant potatoes). She says it tastes JUST LIKE fried chicken!! Gotta try it!

Plus if anyone else is trying to loose weight I'd be happy to be your internet diet buddy!! :D

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
does she add any herbs and spices to the potatoes before rolling? sounds interesting

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
She said you can use the different flavor potatoes like sour cream and chive and garlic mashed potatoes........I think I am going to try it soon....

Here is another lite recpie:

Take one box of cake mix, 10 oz of diet soda, and two eggs whites and mix and bake.

Examples of combinations"
Lemon mix and Diet Sierra Mist
Orange Mix and Diet Orange Soda
Devils Food cake mix and Diet Coke
Strawberry mix and Diet 7 up

You can also mix together 1/4 skim milk with sugar free instant pudding mix (any flavor) and fat free cool whip to top your cake with!

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
hmmm that frosting sounds really good!! my mother told me about using the diet soda instead of oil a few weeks ago when I ate a cake that she made that way and it was really good. but she hadn't frosted it cuz she didn't know what to frost it with lol so I will tell her about that! : )

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
Sorry I hadnt posted that recipe LOL

You want to rinse the chicken well and pat it dry so the egg wash will stick to the skin (you can remove the skin too if you dont want it and do it that way)

Then just like shake n bake, put the flake potatoes in a bowl or a ziploc and coat the chicken thoroughly... Bake chicken as you normally would (around 45 -60 mins @ 350ºF) and it comes out great... you can season the flaked instant potatos or you can buy the already seasoned :)

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Thanks Iggy and I can't wait to try it! My recipe i tried last night was just ok, so not worth posting. I do have one that I tried I will try to post soon. It was really good and low fat too!

I made an orange cake last night and just used the fat free whip cream for topping and IT WAS GOOD!!!

I will post more goodies as I find and try them on here!!

CHrt46

Registered Member
I will keep checking in on this one. I need ideas for mil's visit in a week. We don't eat the things that she does, and we also don't eat fried foods. Can't wait to try the chicken recipie from iggyshotthebear. You can also use applesauce instead of oil in the cake as well.

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Yes I have used the applesauce but it should be UNSWEETENED. :) I have had a day where I just want to eat everything today!! Oh Oh a good thing I found at Walmart (they'll probably stop selling it now that I like it) but its called swirl styx and they are like popcicles but they have all sorts of neat flavors and they are sugar free but you can't tell!! VERY VERY GOOD!! I think they taste like a snow cone!

Ok here is a recipe I have tried and liked really well........maybe you could make this while she is visiting:

Chicken N Cheese Casserole
2 cups cooked macaroni
2 cups chopped cooked skinless boneless chicken breasts (I just pulled them apart instead of chopping them up)
2 cups canned condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted) I would use the healthy brand
2 cups fat free milk
8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese. (I bought a bag of the shredded kind)

Preheat over to 350
In large casserole, combine all ingredients, mixing well.
Bake, covered 35-40 minutes. Remove cover, bake 10-15 minutes longer. Serve Immediatley

this is 6 weight watcher points per serving and there are 8 servings.