• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Weight Loss Supplement

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
We all need a little help sometimes beyond diet and exercise. I have tried a bunch of different weight loss supplements that never really seemed like they worked for me until I started taking 5-HTP for mood. An ironic side effect I noticed was weight loss. Now, 5-HTP is a great supplement for anxiety, mood, depression and even sleep, but I wasn't aware of weight loss until I studied up on it more.

A caveat here is that 5-HTP turns to serotonin in the brain, so if you are already on anti-depressants, it is not a good idea to take 5-HTP. If this doesn't apply to you, and you think 5-HTP might be a help, give it a try and share your experiences!

NellyBell

Registered Member
Thanks for the advice, @IrishLass2247! You really seem to know your supplements. (Start a blog so I can follow it and get all of your advice.) I might have to give this one a try after the holidays!