Weekend Warriors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Mar 31, 2009.

?

whats your opinion?

1. Hate 'em

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. They dont bother me

66.7%
  3. I am one!?!?!

33.3%
  1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Whats your take on the weekend warrior?

Allow me to clarify what I mean by that.... A weekend warrior is the kind of person who is one person during the week, then when the weekend hits is a completely different person. For instance the one I see all the time would be the wannabe cowboys that roll around my town. They are the kinds of city boys that work at Abercrombie & Fitch during the week, then buy the poser Straw cowboy hat they'll wear for 1 day out of the year when they go to the Rodeo they got tickets to that weekend.

I got to thinking about this and started getting frustrated about it because I had a run-in with an old friend who was bad about this. He was one person then on the weekend he'd be a whole 'nother person for whatever event he was going to. And it wasn't just because he was into those things, it was all a show to fit in :hah:

So how 'bout yourself? Whats your take on the Weekend Warriors, the Wannabe's that only dress up for the occasion?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009

2. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

ahh I'm thinking that I am a mild one?!
    through the week I'm really introverted and come friday night I do my hair and get all my friends together and go to the bar and dance and sing like crazy, does that count?!

3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Doesn't bother me at all. Weekend is the time to let loose and have some fun. I don't act the same way at work that I do when I am home or out with my friends.
    And what's wrong with a straw hat?! I'm going to get one of those...but I think it's pretty much required gear in Texas.

4. icegoat63

Its just the whole Fake-ness of the situation ya know, always bugged me. And straw hats are how do I say this without offending anyone.... Just Friggin Stupid.

I'm not saying people should be uptight, but why cant they just be themselves? The goobers that always show up acting like they belong to a certain crowd have always bugged me. A great example for me was in sports, there was always this guy who never once tried out for the Hockey team I was on, but yet he'd always act as if he was part of the team because he was good buddies with another one of the guys.

I always hated that because here we are busting our balls to actually be the hockey players, and then this little pencil neck shows up for 5 minutes and gets the glory we've built up.

And straw hats are still dumb. Its one of those things that just seem so f*cked out because every yuppy and his grandma sport one. Almost like a bad trend that needs to just go away.

5. AnitaKnapp

Straw cowboy hats are not stupid...dunno why you say that. Is it because so many people you know have one and you think they're over done? Don't be hatin!

And some of those people just need an escape from their every day lives and get a chance to be someone else...so that doesn't bother me...but if you're talking about people who only do it so that other people will like them, and not for fun, then I can see your point.

6. icegoat63

Bingo Bango!

I dont mind just going out and having fun, theres absolutely nothing wrong with hanging out with a different crowd if thats the way things happen. But it'd be like me deciding one random Friday (pending I was single) that it'd be a good idea to dress up and find some Rock-a-billy Car Show on Saturday so people think I'm cool and I could get laid. :hah: Its a disservice to all the real Rockabillies that live the life gosh darnit!

and straw hats suck...... case in point:

[​IMG]

AnitaKnapp likes this.
  7. AnitaKnapp

I see what you're saying. Fake people do bother me and I tend not to associate with them.

And wtf, just because one country singer hick dresses up in a straw hat like he's a Texan does a disservice to us, doesn't mean that they all suck.

icegoat63 likes this.
  8. AmandaBB

AmandaBB Registered Member

They don't really bother me unless they're "fake".

I act differently in different situations too but I always stay me. If my friends wouldn't accept me for what I am then they're not my friends anymore.