Weddings: First dance song

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, Mar 18, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

For the married people here. I was wondering what was your first dance song and why did you pick that song? For the people planning on getting married sometime soon...what song do you have in mind or it's nothing you've thought about.

2. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

I'm not getting married anytime soon, but the one thing I am dead set on is that I REALLY want my first dance song to be Can't Take My Eyes Off of You by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. I think it's the world's most perfect love song, it's upbeat and simple, Frankie Valli has a gorgeous voice, and I melt every time I hear it.

Jeanie likes this.
  3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

My mom just had me download that song for her the other day :lol:

I have no idea what song I'd pick. I really don't have a preference. I think my favorite song called You and Me by Lifehouse has a nice dancing tempo to it, but if my wife had a stronger opinion on a song (and it's not a terrible choice :D) then I'd be fine with whatever she picks. Her judgment can't be too bad.

Easily-Amused likes this.
  4. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I'm not close to getting married, but I am thinking I'd like the song "The Nearness Of You" by Norah Jones to be my first-dance song.

5. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I think "Fuck me like you hate me" from Sether would be most appropriate when I do tie the knot some day. :punk:

Seriously though, my wedding song will be either Adele's Make you feel my love or Dixie Chicks Easy Silence. There won't be a dry eye in the room!! :winkiss:

6. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Wonderful Tonight is a great choice. I also like At Last by Etta James. my boyfriend would probably choose It's Your Love by Tim McGraw.

8. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Solamente una vez. At Last by Etta James would have been a good choice also.

9. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

yeah, I thought so, too, when he told me what he wanted.

lol, When I told him I wanted The Bee Gee's song he was like :shifteyes: but then I told him my story... That ever since I was a little girl I wanted that song to be my wedding song. In some ways it's suitable for a wedding song and in other ways it's not but it meant something to me, you know?

awww, "It's Your Love" is a beautiful song.

What would you choose?

10. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

probably Wonderful Tonight, it's one of our songs.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010