Wedding Rings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boredie, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

This thread is all about wedding rings.

Do/would you wear your ring constantly. If not, why?

Do you think it's necessary to wear your ring once your married?

Describe your [future] wedding ring or
    Post a pic of it.

2. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I wear my wedding rings all the time apart from when I go to kickboxing, clean, do yard work and sometimes when I cook / bake.

Everyone is different; some people can't wear their wedding rings / some people prefer not to wear their wedding rings, so to each their own. But I personally want to wear my wedding rings because they mean a great deal to me; every time I look at them it reminds me of the evening my husband proposed and our Wedding Day. <3

I've got an actual pic of my wedding rings somewhere but this will have to do for now:

My wedding band looks like this (though with my ring the diamonds are a bit smaller):

[​IMG]

My engagement ring:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  3. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I would personally wear my rings all the time except in cases where they could get damaged or lost. I made a commitment and while the rings aren't necessarily part of the commitment it is symbolic, and it shows other people you aren't on the market looking around... So out of love, respect, and the amount I cherish my husband, I would constantly wear them.

Same as above. I don't think you HAVE to wear them, but I just personally think it is the right thing to do, and that you would want to if you are married to someone that you truly love.

I have been engaged before, but I don't have pictures of the ring. As for a future wedding ring, I can't really know what it will look like. I don't have these kinds of things picked out in my head. I figure either he will pick it out and surprise me, or we would do some shopping trip together for each other's rings.

4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't wear any ring. I'm not married.

I think it's necessary for the quoted reasons:
    And I'd like my husband to do the same.

Never thought about it. Don't have any preference by now.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I used to. Then it didn't fit well anymore during and post pregnancy. I wore it as necklace. Then later, well you know...., so I just stopped wearing it. :)

Except for some reasons (like mine, haha), I think one should wear the ring when married because it's symbolic.

Mine's platinum. Simple looking ring.

6. JessEpiphany

JessEpiphany Registered Member

I wear mine most of the time. I take them off for certain things (cooking/baking, exercising, etc.) and I just forget to put them back on immediately, but I do eventually put them back on.
    Hubby is a welder and has to take his off for work. He lost it several years ago and it has not been replaced.

I have to admit that I feel a little weird about having to wear mine because hubby has no desire to replace his. I think it's even strange that he'll notice I don't have mine on and ask, "not married today, eh?"
    WTF? You haven't worn yours in... oh, 7 years so what's the big deal?
    And I have offered to replace his, but he's said it wouldn't do any good since he will still have to take it off for work, put it on after work. Apparently it's a 'hassle'

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Kim and I haven't gone out and selected Wedding Bands yet. She does have her engagement ring, its the Tacori 2525PR65 1.6k White Gold;

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have no idea exactly what she wants in a Band... but I know its not gonna be cheap :hah:

I haven't quite made up my mind yet. I know I want something 2-toned and domed... but whether or not I go with Black/Grey or Silver/Grey yet I havent decided. I want just a standard Mens Band, no diamonds or flash really. So far I've been debating on basically these two;

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

obviously those arent the ones I've chosen specifically... those are just the examples of the two styles that I like.

~~~~~

I do believe its necessary to wear the ring at all times. Mostly out of respect.

8. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

As for me, I basically wear the ring on a regular basis, taking it off rarely, mainly when kneading dough.
    My husband told me that it's not necessary to wear it at all, but will still prefer it that I wear it. I on the other hand never thought about whether it was necessary or not, just that want to wear it for the obvious reasons.
    He doesn't have a ring. It is not common in our circles that men wear wedding rings, so even though I asked him if he was planning on wearing one and he answered no, it doesn't bother me.
    I was never given an engagement ring, instead I was given a necklace, earrings and bracelet. The necklace and bracelet are white gold, made up of diamond shaped beads with an intermittent pattern on every other bead.
    The earrings are square, also white gold, with the same type of design as the necklace, yet still different enough to tell it's not really a set :lol:

My wedding ring is about 0.5cm wide, half yellow gold, half white gold, with a wave design engraved all around it.

They are very pretty :)

That is a little odd, that he expects you to wear it while he sees there's no point in him wearing his. :-/ Perhaps he could wear his on a necklace, or ask him to make the effort and wear it on his finger even though he has to take it off for work... :dunno:

The engagement ring is very pretty :)
    And your taste in your wedding ring is very good. I personally like both styles.

icegoat63 likes this.
  9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

When i was married, I wore mine all the time, except for when I was cooking, or when I was doing something that would cause a lot of snagging.

I had one of those engagement rings that had a shadow wedding band with it. They were fused together before the ceremony.

It was a fairly unique design. I'll have to see if I can dig it out and get a picture of it.

I've thought of doing something with it and having a jeweler make it into a different piece, but I have no ideas.

10. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I'm not married yet, but I imagine I'll wear mine all the time unless I could lose it. For example, I'd never wear it in a pool or at the beach. I would get a cheapie fake one for beach vacations and stuff.

I *do* know what I want. It's a toss up between these two (both from Tiffany & Co.). I want yellow gold, and I want the diamond to be about a carat. I don't think I'll have a band with it because my hands are so small that there's not much room. :lol:

Tiffany & Co. | Engagement Rings | Lucida® 18K Yellow Gold | United States

OR

This would need to be made in yellow gold for me (if possible):
    Tiffany & Co. | Engagement Rings | Tiffany Bezet Princess | United States