Webber Wants Out Of Philly

H

heykid

Webber Wants Out Of Philly
16th November, 2006 - 5:05 pm
Sacramento Bee -

Chris Webber does not want to be a near irrelavent component of the 76ers and if that is what the team intends for him, he wants to be dealt. He has talked to the club's management about the issue.

"I'm not going to keep playing like this," Webber said after scoring six points in 23 minutes in Philadelphia's 96-90 victory Wednesday night in Seattle.

"I don't like this role," he said. "So, you can take that however you want."
Link

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He wasn't happy and he showed it on the court. He wasn't getting is touches that he thought he should get. But he must remember that he's playing with Allen Iverson, he's a guy who loves to shoot at least 20 shots a game, so shots will be limited for him. Also I don't think that if they do trade him they won't get a lot in return.

I

Illosophee

Well, Chris Webber is getting old now. I don't think he can still be a 20 and 10 guy, so what's the point of complaining? C-Webb needs to relax and hope that A.I can lead this team to the Finals like he did back in the Lakers' three-peat run.

S

scottmcgrady

He's getting on now and that is the role he has to accept, maybe more touches, yet something along those lines because at the moment, there is no team where they need him being the go-to-guy, which, in the end of the day, is the role he wants.

I

Illosophee

Yeah, C-Webb needs to accept his current role. Shaq accepted his role and everyone knows Shaq can be a go-to-guy for any team (big man-wise). C-Webb should just shut up and let A.I drop 30 a night.

D

DaKidAce

Even if he wants out nobody really wuld want to pick him up.

he is old, he aint getting better, he is slow, and his salary is too high

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
yyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh......he's had his glory days. He should stop complaining and be grateful that he's still wanted.

take Stackhouse for example.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
If he wants out let him out, nothing I dislike more than an unhappy player they play with no heart or desire, wasnt their supposed to be a trade envolving him and New York.

Dr. Fresh

Mmmm.... Lesbians.
An unhappy player on a team is not good at all. I say let him explore what's out there and have him be happy. It's not good because it'll really lower the morale of the whole team.