Webber Still Considering Dallas And Detroit

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Star-Telegram -
Dallas officials said they continue to pursue Chris Webber, and Webber confirmed to Slam Magazine on Thursday that he still has the Mavs on his mind.

At Webber's Bada Bling charity event, the magazine asked him if he planned to re-sign with Detroit.

"I don't know," Webber told the magazine. "I would love to. Right now, I'm thinking about Detroit and Dallas, so you never know."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a.../webber_still_considering_dallas_and_detroit/

zunami

Registered Member
Would be very unclassy to go to Dallas. You chose Detroit, now stick with it and don't just bail out on them when they do poorly in the conference finals.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Yeah he wants a ring badly, if he goes to Dallas its like betraying Detroit after saying how happy he was to go back home, and that he didnt care about playing time and whatnot(Not that he does care). If he goes anywhere but Detroit he loses my respect.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
See I don't think he cares about anything but winning a championship, and he believes that the Mavericks will have a good chance of doing that next season, but he loved playing for the Pistons and they have a chance as well, so I don't think it's disrespectful if he does go to Dallas, because all he wants is a ring.

zunami

Registered Member
See I don't think he cares about anything but winning a championship, and he believes that the Mavericks will have a good chance of doing that next season, but he loved playing for the Pistons and they have a chance as well, so I don't think it's disrespectful if he does go to Dallas, because all he wants is a ring.
It doesn't matter. He chose the Pistions because he wanted to win a ring when he could have chosen any other team. Leaving after just one year when things don't go as expected is disrespectful. He got overpaid in Sactown and in Philly and then got the money from the buyout. Also he always plays poorer in the playoffs than the regular season. A classic choker who wants less responsibility and pressure by going to Dallas.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
See I disagree with you, because he's a free agent and he has the right to sign with any teams he wants to. He signed a one year contract with the Pistons, because he wanted to win a championship and wanted to be close to home. Now he's a free agent again and he has the option to sign with any team he wants and his two first options are between the Mavericks and the Pistons. I don't see anything wrong and disrespectful in this story.