• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wearing your helmet?

dDave

V.I.P.
One of the most basic of all safety precautions. I guess this is a question for bikers, cyclists, skateboarders, skaters, etc. Do you wear a helmet? Would you ever dream of not wearing a helmet?

I know that on my skates that I'm perfeclty comfortable without a helmet and have never worn one. On the other hand, I always wear a helmet when I go biking (which doesn't happen nearly as often as it should).

I used to wear one while snowboarding but once I felt confident I stopped wearing it.

I'm too afraid to get on a motorcycle, but you can bet that I'd wear a helmet.

Do you wear a helmet? (or any other safety gear for that matter?)

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm afraid the only time I would wear a helmet is when on a motorcycle. I wouldn't get on without one even for a short distance. I would never wear one when riding a bicycle or horse back riding. I use to roller skate and I wouldn't wear one then either.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I never wore a helmet when I rode a bike or rollerskated. I definitely would wear one if I ever rode a motorcycle, went rock climbing, or any other activity where I know I don't have the experience to control my surroundings as much as possible.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I haven't been on a bicycle in quite some time, but I never wore one as a kid. I know it's stupid, but I found them to be so uncomfortable and I just felt like taking the risk.

These days, I'd do it for safety reasons, even if they do look dumb. Wish they made them less bulky.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I like to live the life on the dangerous side. I wore a helmet when I firstly started riding a bike but after that, I ditched it because I saw no point of it, thankfully never had any serious injuries.

dDave

V.I.P.
I haven't been on a bicycle in quite some time, but I never wore one as a kid. I know it's stupid, but I found them to be so uncomfortable and I just felt like taking the risk.

These days, I'd do it for safety reasons, even if they do look dumb. Wish they made them less bulky.
The bulkiness is because they don't want to make them too heavy, it also protects your head a lot more with that much size.

I don't think they look stupid at all, I've seen some great helmets and have a pretty good looking one myself.

I like to live the life on the dangerous side. I wore a helmet when I firstly started riding a bike but after that, I ditched it because I saw no point of it, thankfully never had any serious injuries.
I think you'll be regretting that one day if you do have an accident.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
The bulkiness is because they don't want to make them too heavy, it also protects your head a lot more with that much size.

I don't think they look stupid at all, I've seen some great helmets and have a pretty good looking one myself.

I think you'll be regretting that one day if you do have an accident.
I don't see myself riding a bike in the future, I've got a car! :lol: Honestly, I haven't ridden a bike since maybe 2008 when my tyre blew out and I never got around fixing it. The bike is still in the shed.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I never did wear a helmet when I was biking or rollerblading around town. I probably still wouldn't wear one on casual bike rides.

If I got into road cycling or mountain biking I would definitely start wearing a helmet. Same goes for any kind of mountaineering.

I'll probably never own a motorcycle, but I'd definitely wear a helmet if I did. I see people cruising on the interstate at 70-80 mph without helmets and I think they're insane.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I never wore a helmet as a youngin'. I managed to escape my years on a bike without a head injury. Not only did they look stupid, they were uncomfortable as hell.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I used to skateboard and never wore a helmet then. But I've never ridden a bike without putting a helmet on. I haven't ridden one in years but if I was to start again I would make sure I got a helmet to put on.