Wearing Shorts Into Fall/Winter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

If you are in a part of the world that's just getting into fall/winter seasons, do you still wear shorts? Do you still see people wearing shorts?

I haven't made the switch to long pants yet. Going to see how far into the year I can go with shorts. I live in a place that gets very cold winters though but winter is still about two months out. Even then it doesn't really get bad until late December or even well into January at times.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I prefer wearing pants and long sleeves and I usually wear them at night in the summer and always in the fall/winter unless it's unusually hot.

3. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Not even just shorts, I'm going barefoot in sandals. It's gonna be 40 below in a couple months, and so I'm trying to get as much wear out of my summer wear as I can lol. Also, anything above +15 C, I sweat like crazy. So I'll probably wear shorts into october =P

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Yeah I wear shorts all the time still, and I'm usually not wearing any shoes (flip flops are awesome)

Just today somebody asked me if I was freezing because I was in a T-shirt, the funny thing about it was that I was feeling really hot, and they looked like they were freezing to death. :lol:

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I wear shorts for average use until it becomes too cold. Somewhere below freezing in general.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

My dad wears shorts all the time when he gets in from work. I am so used to it now whenever I go over and see my parents that it's weird if he's wearing trousers.

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

my girl-friends always wear shorts , mini-skirts in winter, mini-t-shirts when they go to school.
    that's not normal for 2 things:
    1- you can't go to school in a mini skirt
    2- it's winter, how can you stand it???

i hate cold so i put on as much clothes as possible. plus, since my body is not used to shorts in the winter, i get the flu immediately.

8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Winter's not all that cold. Particularly depending on where you live, and how much time you spend outside.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I do. Shorts or shirt skirts...as long as I'm not freezing, I'd do it. Even so, that's what fall/winter tights or stockings are for. :)

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's still fairly warm in my area, were getting days of 25, 26 and even 28 so yes I still wear shorts outside and I'll keep wearing them till it gets colder. Usually in October I won't wear shorts because it's to cold, but if I play basketball, baseball or football I'll usually wear shorts because after a while I'll start to get really hot.