• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wear Your Seatbelt!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Next time you think about driving belt-less just think of this:

YouTube - Car accident

That guy was dead easily even before the car ran over him.

Wearing a seatbelt is free. So is dying in a high speed free flying interstate accident. Doesn't mean the latter is the better option.

Wear your seatbelt! :-o

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I actually just got a $25 ticket for not wearing mine, and it was on one of those "down the street" deals where I didn't throw it on because I was going to a house only a few blocks away.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I actually just got a $25 ticket for not wearing mine, and it was on one of those "down the street" deals where I didn't throw it on because I was going to a house only a few blocks away.
wow!! it's a $119 fine here

we always wear our seatbelt, my daughter knows that I don't move the car unless her seatbelt is belted (over her booster seat of course) : ) poor thing is so short she will be in a booster until college :D

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I knew some kids who were always pretty short. Well my brother saw one of them last week for the first time in a few years or so and he said the guy was 6 foot 6 now...

Better cherish the booster seat moments. One day you'll wake up and you could have a 6 foot 6 daughter. :)

And I'm not sure what the fine is here for not wearing a seatbelt. In fact I'm not even sure if it's illegal not to. I always do anyway though. I've heard of too many people flying through their windshield. :( Snapping both knees backwards and hitting the street at high speeds doesn't sound as painful or annoying as strapping on a seatbelt. :D

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
Snapping both knees backwards and hitting the street at high speeds doesn't sound as painful or annoying as strapping on a seatbelt. :D
eww! gee thanks for that visual! OUCH! :-o

6'6 huh.....it would be cool if she towered over me LOL I'm 5'7 so it would be interesting, not to mention how I could embarrass her with stories of how long she used a booster hehehe :D

no I'm actually not that mean :cute:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is that actually a real ad? For some reason I laughed when I saw it because It was 100% unexpected... It's so true though. One second you could be chilling and having a good time. The next second you go bye bye.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I love that ad Maledoro...definatley an attention grabber.
Andrew, that video is so..ewwwwww!
We always wear our seatbelts too.

maledoro

Strange Visitor
Is that actually a real ad? For some reason I laughed when I saw it because It was 100% unexpected... It's so true though. One second you could be chilling and having a good time. The next second you go bye bye.
No, it's not real. I forgot where I got it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That figures. Real seatbelt ads have to be happy and show everybody smiling. That's the American dream after all. :shake:

Sometimes we just need a commercial that's not afraid to deliver a swift kick in the pants. For example:

YouTube - Seatbelt commercial

This one would have been better if a few of them were on the road in front of the car:

YouTube - use seatbelts - an unbelieveably good commercial

And this one is pretty funny:

YouTube - Seatbelt Commercial

And a more serious type that we don't really see often enough apparently:

YouTube - WTSC - Seat Belt Safety ad

:shake: