• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV We need more shows like The Outer Limits and Twilight Zone

viLky

ykLiv
We do! These shows always made you think and they were entertaining thought as well. Every time I saw one of these I almost always had that Ah-ha moment once it was over. Always had great writing, too. This is also why I liked the movie SAW. Not because of the gore and sadistic feel, but for the twist at the end that had me think about life in a different way. They both knew how to give a great climax.

With all these reality, sitcom and drama shows, there HAS to be room for these mystery thinkers shows too, right?

Does anybody else enjoy watching these types of shows? Or, am I the only on who got a kick out of show finally revealing the twist/true meaning?

Last edited:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
We do indeed!

Does anybody else enjoy watching these types of shows? Or, am I the only on who got a kick out of show finally revealing the twist/true meaning?
Yeah, I love those kind of shows. The Outer Limits is probably my favourite. I have lots of them downloaded and wish they'd show more stuff like that on TV. I agree with you, the writing is so good compared to most of what they have running today.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Well I do enjoy drama shows with twists (24, haha) so it serves my need for that. I don't think I ever watched Outer Limits before. I do love watching Twilight Zone when I was younger. Even today, when there's something unexplained, I start humming its opening music and say I'm having a twilight zone moment. :dork:

KarlW

Registered Member
One Step Beyond (which debuted the same year as Twilight Zone) was another
cool sci-fi anthology series. I also enjoyed Steven Spielberg's Amazing Stories
and Rod Serling's Night Gallery.

browneyes106

Registered Member
I love anthology shows too. I really liked the 90's series of The Outer Limits. Another great anthology show that was short lived was Night Visions on Fox.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
We need more shows like The Outer Limits and Twilight Zone and Rod Serlings Night Gallery as well they are just soo freakin cool.

Italiano

Film Elitist
"A sickness known as hate. Not a virus, not a microbe, not a germ. Highly contagious. Deadly in its effects. Don't look for it in the Twilight Zone. Look for it in the mirror."

Rod Serling is a mastermind. He's not dead, he's just back in the Twilight Zone.