We need a new skin...

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Chaos, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

So I've been looking through the skins, and it annoys me that they're either too bright or too dark. They hurt my eyes!! :(

We need something thats dark and cool but not something that makes it a pain in the ass to see the screen.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

So by "dark and cool" you mean something more in between light and dark?

What about the level of "Earth" or something. Should I make some more skins that are close to that contrast ratio?

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Yeah, I agree.

And something close to Earth. I never use it since I hate the colors lol but the contrast, yes

Chaos likes this.
  4. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Use Cyberspace, it's not too dark and the text shows up fine.

5. Chaos

No, Earth sucks. :lol: I just mean like...well, the black/dark ones are cool. Stealth, Lithium, Nightclub, etc. They're great. But they're TOO dark, y'know?

Something ideal would be dark, but not so dark as pure black. Dark greyish, maybe, or dark silver, I don't know. :dunno: (Can you even get dark silver?!) Anyway, something that doesn't make it hard to see. The rest are all really light; blue, white, pink, etc.

I don't know if this even makes much sense. Basically, dark is good, the 'cool' factor is good. But all/pure black is a pain. :dunno:
    ------
    Also, this. Earth itself is kinda lame colourwise but the contrast is pretty good. Just the colours suck balls.

But I'm also talking something dark and cool as well. So maybe make a bunch. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  6. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I'd like to see something with more bright, fun colors as accents. I use Cupcake cause I can't stand a black or dark background with white text. That hurts my eyes. But I'd like something other than purple and yellow. :)
    ------
    K, just checked out Earth. I like this, but the colors are hideous. What about making this skin using blues and greens?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  7. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I agree, Nin. Blues and greens would be great.

Also, a green version of the nightclub skin would be awesome.

8. Chaos

Blues and greens would be cool, but I'm still thinking a dark grey/silver skin would be good too.

Maybe Brix should whip up a whole batch. :p

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

We definitely need more blue and/or green skins. We have a lot of skins with black or white backgrounds.

10. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

More primary colours - green, blue, purple - with greyish silver