• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

We didn't start the fire challenge(Billy Joel)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not sure if a lot of people are going to take this challenge, but I think it's a fun little idea.

Billy Joel sings a song called We didn't start the Fire. In this song, he mentions a lot of famous people, famous places, events and even fictional characters.

I would like you to select three-five things in this song(people, events, places, fictional character) and write a little essay on them. What they were about, what did they do, what impact they had on society, ect..

I do hope people will decide to participate. I'll probably do mine over the weekend. It doesn't have to be very long 2-4 paragraphs is just fine. If you take information from somewhere, please make sure to post your source.

Here are the lyrics.

BILLY JOEL - WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE LYRICS

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This sounds like high school homework, so I'm going to pass on this assignment. I used to be a big Billy Joel fan though, and I loved this song.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Yeah. I'm in agreeance with Echoes. I didn't do homework then, I won't start now! I can tell you though, the song has made quite an impact all over.

I remember certain high school chorus, music study, whatever classes are called, learned and sang this song. Mine included.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Darn, you guys caught me. It's my High School assignment and I have to hand it in by the end of the week :rolleyes::lol:

I heard over the radio this past week that someone had to say a little something about every famous people that were mentioned in this thread. I thought it was a neat idea so I decided to introduce it to GF.