• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

We already knew about the NSA (or we could have)

Wade8813

Registered Member
The NSA Is Building the Country's Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say) | Threat Level | Wired.com

This was an article I meant to post for a few days, but hadn't gotten around to. My roommate commented about how it was odd that Snowden was receiving so much media attention when WIRED had run an article about t his a long time ago.

The whole situation is kind of confusing to me. The entire world is going nuts over this whole Snowden thing, but it may have already been public information. His life's in chaos, many countries are getting involved in bunch of nonsense, and as far as I can tell, it's all pretty much for nothing.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
No Snowden wasn't the first to bring this up. I think it got peoples attention because he was part of it then turned against them. I think what is making the government mad is that he spilled the beans about us spying on other countries including allies and worried about what else he will tell them.

Wade8813

Registered Member
No Snowden wasn't the first to bring this up. I think it got peoples attention because he was part of it then turned against them. I think what is making the government mad is that he spilled the beans about us spying on other countries including allies and worried about what else he will tell them.
It's rather interesting to me - he revealed a fairly large amount of information (and, I believe, has a fair amount that hasn't been revealed yet).

I don't think I've ever heard a discussion about him that included all of what he's revealed. It's always been about he revealed spying on the American people in one story, then another story is about how he revealed we were spying on other countries. I even heard a story about news that was supposed to be revealed that was supposed to be a shocker, but then never heard any updates about it.