• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ways To Cope With Seasonal Affective Disorder

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
Some people have been dealing with clinical depression for much of their lives, unfortunately. I'm one of those individuals.

And as someone who has lived in the northeastern part of the United States my whole life, I've certainly experienced my fair share of cold and snowy weather each winter.

Years ago, I knew I had issues with depression. But my issues with depression were usually worse during the winter. Back in 2011, after being in psychiatric treatment since 2000, I was starting to wonder if I had Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).

In 2011, I was put on one new psychiatric medication called Clozaril. Ever since then, I haven't had issues with depression during the winter, I'm happy to be able to honestly say.

But when I was a patient in a psychiatric ward back in 2011, one of the nurses told me that one good way to combat depression during the wintertime is to do fun things like downhill skiing, if you can afford it financially.

SAD can be successfully treated with medication, psychotherapy, and light therapy. However, doing winter activities during the cold and snowy season (if you live in an area that isn't warm during the winter), such as downhill or cross country skiing, snowshoeing, etc. can also help you if you often feel unhappy during the wintertime.

Last edited: