• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wayne Rooney Wants to Leave Manchester United, Coach Alex Ferguson Says

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
This has been going on for a few days now, but Real Madrid are circling like vultures at the moment.

They better sell him quick, I heard Man U are getting into some debt.

konboye

Registered Member
Ok, this is just all Fergie, that man is even worse than Wenger when he is angry with his players' conduct. He screwed a hooker, so what? Its not like he is getting a divorce, his wifey didn't even complain or get mad at him, but Fergie had to bitch like he is Rooney's wife.
As for transfers, if he leaves Man U. they will surely drop to third or forth this season, since he was their spark through out last season. They dropped from the title race when he got injured. And wherever he goes, I don't know, he might not recover his form anytime soon. He had better stay in England because English players generally forget their form in England when they move to other leagues.

Cheyron

Registered Member
This has been going on for a few days now, but Real Madrid are circling like vultures at the moment.

They better sell him quick, I heard Man U are getting into some debt.
I thought Manchester United were very much OUT of debt? :p

I think it will happen. Ever since the deal with Cristiano Ronaldo at United, Rooney hasn't seem to settle. Sure, he scores and he's arguably the best player there, but there seems to be something stopping him? Maybe it's just me.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Ok, this is just all Fergie, that man is even worse than Wenger when he is angry with his players' conduct. He screwed a hooker, so what? Its not like he is getting a divorce, his wifey didn't even complain or get mad at him.
I remember her leaving him for a week and he had to beg forgiveness to his in-laws.

She's stupid to go back to him, but that's besides the point.#

Fergie isn't just bitching about the hookers, he's bitching because Rooney thinks he's better than the club; and thinks he can back chat to the Gaff after everything he and the club have done for the ugly chav.

If the Gaff thinks you should sit out of a few games when you have an injury or knock - then you should, case closed; but no, as usual Rooney has to spit out the dummy and throw the toys out of the pram to get his own way.

I thought Manchester United were very much OUT of debt? :p

I think it will happen. Ever since the deal with Cristiano Ronaldo at United, Rooney hasn't seem to settle. Sure, he scores and he's arguably the best player there, but there seems to be something stopping him? Maybe it's just me.
They have un-bought/renewed season tickets and some other 'behind closed doors' debt; but i suppose that's what you get for paying players silly money.

I think they should get rid of him and bring some talent in from the academy; let these young rising stars have a shot for a change.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I think he is what has held Man U back and not the other way around. ManU have always been a team of all-stars and yet he acted as if the team should revolve around him and they often did, bhe has a good day the team has a good day, he has a bad day the team have a bad day, and he does seem to have a lot of stroppy bad day. Before he arrived at the club the silverware flowed, Ill be glad to see hjim out of Man U and hopefully the Premiership altogether.

The real great players are/were Giggs, Scholes, Nani, Ronaldo, Carrick who had a remarkable skill of being able to bounce balls off Rooneys head.

As for which club he will go to, there is only really two options; Man City and Real Madrid, I cant see him staying in the UK though and imagine his real motive is to run away from the lifestyle surrounding him.
------
I think they should get rid of him and bring some talent in from the academy; let these young rising stars have a shot for a change.
With his wages they could build and pay for another academy.

Last edited:

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
I do believe he'll end up going to Real Madrid. If only to try and get away from the British press.

It's a shame, really, because I remember when he debuted for Everton, and watching subsequent derbies with Liverpool, people were touting him as a HUGE star in the making. He has a lot of talent but he doesn't seem to use it any more, whether it's because he's older or not, or whether it's because of his recent scandals. I do believe Real Madrid is his most likely destination, though.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
None of the clubs in England have what Rooney wants therefore he will be going to Spain because they can afford him easily. Real Madrid will end up getting him actually, but United needs to sell him for BIG BIG BIG money to be in the pluses of the financial state.

And to clarify things around here..

It's a shame, really, because I remember when he debuted for Everton, and watching subsequent derbies with Liverpool, people were touting him as a HUGE star in the making. He has a lot of talent but he doesn't seem to use it any more, whether it's because he's older or not, or whether it's because of his recent scandals. I do believe Real Madrid is his most likely destination, though.
He is 23 year old Wes, many of the players don't even peak at this stage, most of them enjoy their best years in their 30s, like Scholes, Giggs even Raul when he played for Real Madrid.

Last edited:

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
He's signed a 5 year extension; either that mob of 40 fans scared the shit out of him, or there's another 180k in it for him for staying.

konboye

Registered Member
Money did the trick, but I have a feeling we haven't heard the last of Rooney and Fergie. Its not going to end well.