Water temperature doesn't matter when washing hands

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I think the reason we are told to use warm water is because you're more likely to lather longer at a comfortable temperature. I didn't click on the link, but someone in my microbiology class did this as their experiment and they concluded that it's the length of time spent washing that matters.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think the reason we are told to use warm water is because you're more likely to lather longer at a comfortable temperature. I didn't click on the link, but someone in my microbiology class did this as their experiment and they concluded that it's the length of time spent washing that matters.
Well the common myth is that the hotter the water, the more germs you kill when in reality, the water would have to be incredibly hot to kill off the germs, way beyond what you and I could handle. I guess it could be about comfort, but I'd bet you most people use warm/hot water because they've been told the "it kills more germs" thing.

Seems like my hands are always still slick with soap when I use cold water.

I prefer warm water for comfort more than any other reason.

BigBob

Registered Member
I honestly feel like when I use warm/hot water, that my hands aren't all that clean. So I use cold water.

sb1732

Registered Member
I've always used cold water... I guess i just have always done it with cold water so it seems normal. Also im really not paranoid about germs so as long as i have washed my hands they feel clean enough for me. Haa.

Jaszibabes

The Instigator
V.I.P.
I've never heard that warm water was supposed to get rid of more germs, and I wouldn't believe it for the same reason that Cons said. (It would have to be ridiculously hot to do so.) I just use warm water because when I use cold water, my hands are freezing forever. And.. I hate it when my hands are cold. Haha.