Water on the Moon

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by Spackerchip, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Spackerchip

Spackerchip Registered Member

SPACE.com -- Water on the Moon?

This means that if water is on the moon, that life there is inherently more possible too...
    Do you think that life could be possible on the moon? Maybe in another couple of million/billion years? Or do you think that it is more likely that we will colonise there despite the gravitational flaws?

Discuss.

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

It was just essentially computers gathering all that data right? If its feasible why not but just because we can doesn't always mean we should.

3. Spackerchip

Spackerchip Registered Member

"neutron counts and radar observations" :p

4. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Anything's possible. I wouldn't bet on it, though. If any moon has life, it's Europa, which is suspected to have ice-covered oceans of liquid water. Still: interesting article.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  5. FBrown89

FBrown89 Registered Member

Water, doesn't = air....at least not for humans. So I think it'll be many lifetimes before anyone ever lives on the moon, if ever.

6. CycloneTellos

CycloneTellos Registered Member

If water was on the moon, it would be help to build stations on the moon, but even then you would need oxygen to operate the place. So living on the moon- probably not gonna be possible for a while, prolonged stays-definitely possible (if water exists).

7. BarneyL

BarneyL Registered Member

Well, here I am, tending another neglected thread... surprised that cute lil robotic fella's discovery of ice on MARS last month didn't rejuvenate this discussion. Life on Mars???;)

8. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Good lookin out BarneyL.. When I clicked this thread I though it was speaking of Mars since I have been into the Science channel this week. :D

We just successfully landed a probe on the northern part of mars which scientists call the ice caps. Last one we sent almost 10 years ago plummeted into mars so these findings will be groundbreaking to say the least.

I'm thinking there are definite possibilities to finding life forms in these underground ice caps, or at least finding signs of previous life.

As far as these statements of living on the Moon? :lol: or even Mars.. Water or not there will never be a logical reason to colonize a dead planet for anything other than research.

Check out Space week on the Science channel they have allot of interesting footage of everything space!

9. BarneyL

BarneyL Registered Member

OK, let's say we find life, in its lowest form, on the moon or Mars or another planet. What's the impact on us morally, spiritually? Now THERE's an interesting discussion topic.

Some say we'd be naive to think we're unique in the universe(s?) - others have built their whole belief system around that supposition. Talk about a clash like this planet has never seen!

10. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Finding life on them moon would just change the timetabele for when life started on Earth because the moon is just a chunk of Earth that was broken off by a massive meteorite when Earth was still molten.

The water ont he moon could also help with expeditions and colonies on the moon. They could use it for fuel and drinking.