Water of life? Try water of death.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Man addicted to water dies by drinking from hosepipe | Society | guardian.co.uk

"Else, 51, who was autistic, developed his condition after getting chronic stomach pains in his 20s. He often drank from bathroom taps and would go to great lengths to satisfy his craving, the inquest at Newbury town hall in Berkshire heard."

It just goes to show you that you can be addicted to absolutely anything.
Everything in moderation, right? :-/
I can't believe they weren't keeping more of an eye on this man - he obviously had a huge problem.

Iris

rainbow 11!
As the wise Apollo once said, everything must be used in moderation, even moderation.

But goddamn, it sounds like the people weren't keeping a good eye on him.

The only thing that could top this is if a person died from too much air.

It's a sad story, but with quotes like this...:

"I spotted him drinking water from the hosepipe in the garden at around 5pm, so I told the staff to monitor him," she said.
"A little later I looked out into the garden and saw him trying to turn the hosepipe tap off. His jumper and knees were wet, so for me it was clear he had been drinking again."
...it's hard NOT to crack a smile.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Talk about drinking yourself to death. He shouldn't have been left alone near free-flowing water, in his condition.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
In Gaelic, the word 'Whiskey' does not exist. The translation is 'Water of life.'

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I remember a story where a woman was taking part in a radio contest called "Hold your wee for a Wii" where she drank water and tried to hold her piss longer than the other guy. Except, she died because she drank too much.

It's hard not to see the law of moderation come into play here.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
isnt this insane... the guy dies from Hyperhydration.

I actually have a rat terrier that suffered from a case of Hyperhydration this summer. She went swimming with us, would swim and take huge gulps of water every few seconds. When we finished everything was cool.... until about 30 minutes later. Apparently her Chemical balance due to the excessive amounts of h2o in her system was way off, led to seizures, paralysis, and lots of vomiting.

Cost me and my fiance 500 bucks to have the vet pump her stomache and even out the chemicals in her system.

Just crazy to think we can die from the very thing we are made of.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I thought this was a refference to irish whiskey......

But damn, their has been so much irresponsibility in such medical establishments in the last year. I would never trust any medical homes in any case.