Water of life? Try water of death.

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Bliss, Oct 31, 2008.

  1. Bliss

    Bliss Sally Twit

    Man addicted to water dies by drinking from hosepipe | Society | guardian.co.uk


    "Else, 51, who was autistic, developed his condition after getting chronic stomach pains in his 20s. He often drank from bathroom taps and would go to great lengths to satisfy his craving, the inquest at Newbury town hall in Berkshire heard."


    It just goes to show you that you can be addicted to absolutely anything.
    Everything in moderation, right? :-/
    I can't believe they weren't keeping more of an eye on this man - he obviously had a huge problem.
     

  2. Iris

    Iris rainbow 11!

    As the wise Apollo once said, everything must be used in moderation, even moderation.

    But goddamn, it sounds like the people weren't keeping a good eye on him.
     
  3. Obsessiforge

    Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

    what. the. fuck.

    he didn't have a family that was aware of his condition?
     
  4. viLky

    viLky ykLiv

    The only thing that could top this is if a person died from too much air.

    It's a sad story, but with quotes like this...:

    ...it's hard NOT to crack a smile.
     
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  5. ysabel

    ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

    Talk about drinking yourself to death. He shouldn't have been left alone near free-flowing water, in his condition.
     
  6. DinoFlintstone

    DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

    In Gaelic, the word 'Whiskey' does not exist. The translation is 'Water of life.'
     
  7. Merc

    Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

    I remember a story where a woman was taking part in a radio contest called "Hold your wee for a Wii" where she drank water and tried to hold her piss longer than the other guy. Except, she died because she drank too much.

    It's hard not to see the law of moderation come into play here.
     
  8. icegoat63

    icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

    isnt this insane... the guy dies from Hyperhydration.

    I actually have a rat terrier that suffered from a case of Hyperhydration this summer. She went swimming with us, would swim and take huge gulps of water every few seconds. When we finished everything was cool.... until about 30 minutes later. Apparently her Chemical balance due to the excessive amounts of h2o in her system was way off, led to seizures, paralysis, and lots of vomiting.

    Cost me and my fiance 500 bucks to have the vet pump her stomache and even out the chemicals in her system.

    Just crazy to think we can die from the very thing we are made of.
     
    ysabel likes this.
  9. micfranklin

    micfranklin Eviscerator

    Seems like the opposite of drowning underwater IMO.
     
  10. MAgnum9987

    MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

    I thought this was a refference to irish whiskey......

    But damn, their has been so much irresponsibility in such medical establishments in the last year. I would never trust any medical homes in any case.
     

Share This Page