• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Watching the playoffs

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was wondering if you guys are able to watch a playoff game of your favorite team with a friend that cheers for the other team? For the sake of this thread lets say it's two big rivals that are playing each other. For example New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox.

Personally I cannot. I take it very serious and I'm afraid that I'll say something I don't mean if we watch the game together. For example, one of my best friend is a Boston Bruins fan and I'm a Montreal Canadiens fan. I can't watch the game with him.

How about you guys?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I can. But it depends on the sport. Football, sure. I love watching a Cowboys-Redskins game and watching the Cowboys fan swirl with fear.

Any other sport? No. I don't watch enough other sports to care.

Konshentz

Konshentz
My friend is a Stars fan, so when Dallas & San Jose meet in the playoffs it's a pretty tense time. He got the better of me the last time, but it's been fun to rub in the fact that they completely missed the playoffs this year. Ha.

I take it serious, but not serious enough that I'd say something I'd regret. Haha.

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I never really take sports that seriously. If I was watching with someone who liked the opposing team, I think we'd just have a lot of fun rubbing in the bad stuff our respective teams did, or playing up the good stuff our own teams did. In then end it's just a sport, and good times watching no matter the outcome, so I'd have no problem watching with a friend who likes the opposing team.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It really depends on the other person. If he's going to be cocky and talk trash, then I wouldn't want to watch the game with him. Otherwise sure.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just I take it more serious then you guys. I'm surprised on your answer Echoes though. Let's say you were watching a Michigan vs Ohio State match-up for the National championship, you could actually watch it with a friend that is a Michigan fan? It's not just the thrash talking, it's the celebrating that I cannot take if the other team scores a goal, way to much for me to handle.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I wouldn't watch it with just any friend. It would have to be one of my best friends, or a family member or something. Like last year I watched the Ohio State/Iowa game with my brother in law who is an Iowa alum. Granted Iowa isn't Michigan, but it was still a huge game with a conference title on the line.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It sounds like you take it too serious, BR. Haha.

Do you celebrate when your team scores? Why would you be pissed if the friend did the same thing when their team does?

I generally try not to talk too much shit. It has a way of biting you in the ass sometimes.

Just imagine some Kings' fan talking a whole bunch of shit to a Sharks' fan after they had just gone up 4-0 for the second straight game. How do you think that night ended for him? :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Dude, you should watch me watch a playoff game. I take it really serious. Some times I take it way to serious, but I can't help myself. I do celebrate when my team scores, and I understand why my friend would do the same when his team scored, but I'm just pissed off since my favorite team allowed a goal. Like if Montreal loses tomorrow, I'll be so pissed off and it's going to take me a few days to get over it.