• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Watching movies by yourself?

dDave

V.I.P.
I guess this is for introverts? :)lol: I don't know)

Do you watch movies by yourself?

I find it hard to watch films on my own. I can do stuff like watch TV, youtube, etc. for hours all by myself but movies need to be watched with other people. It's not like I make movies the most social thing in the world (because let's face it, they're not) I actually hate talking in films, but they're fun to watch with people. Laughter is contagious, a sarcastic comment from someone sitting in the room can go a long way.

I can (and have) watched movies by myself, I usually watch them with other people and prefer it to be that way.

Do you watch movies alone?

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
I watch movies alone when I know my boyfriend would want to claw his eyes out if he watched it. Personally I have no problems doing it but I will accept that it is more fun with friends.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I prefer to watch them alone when I'm at home. I have always had a film/TV show in the background over music. I just like to relax and enjoy it in my own company.

I mean, I like to watch them in silence anyway, so I don't see how having another person there makes it any more enjoyable. Sure, it's nice to watch a comedy and laugh with others, but it isn't a personal requirement.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I watch films by myself all of the time. I can't recall a time in my life where I haven't preferred it that way. Most people I know don't have the same taste in movies as I do so watching with others isn't always enjoyable.

I don't go to the movies alone, though. I don't like the movies or wasting money by going by myself. I'd rather take the kids to see a cartoon movie or something like that instead of going to see a flick by myself.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I love watching movies by myself, I hate it when I watch it with others and they talk through the movie and discuss the plot or what could happen next.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't really prefer it one way or the other. I watch movies by myself more often than not because I am alone most of the time. It's nice to be able to choose the movie I want to watch and be able to watch it in silence without distractions. I do like watching movies with other people too though so we can talk about it after the movie is over.

Konshentz

Konshentz
In my own house? Sure, I have no problem watching movies or TV shows by myself. Sometimes I even prefer it. But if it's going out to the movies... hell no, you won't catch me doing that. I think it's total nonsense. But I probably couldn't give you a reason why. Haha.

dDave

V.I.P.
I watch films by myself all of the time. I can't recall a time in my life where I haven't preferred it that way. Most people I know don't have the same taste in movies as I do so watching with others isn't always enjoyable.

I don't go to the movies alone, though. I don't like the movies or wasting money by going by myself. I'd rather take the kids to see a cartoon movie or something like that instead of going to see a flick by myself.
I've never been to the movies by myself, that does sound terrible. It's supposed to be something fun that you go to do with other people. I feel like half of the price of the movie is just for the experience of being there with friends.

I love watching movies by myself, I hate it when I watch it with others and they talk through the movie and discuss the plot or what could happen next.
I don't mind it when people are discussing the movie we're actually watching. It really gets annoying to me when they're loudly talking about something else or if they're on their laptop.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've never been to the movies by myself, that does sound terrible. It's supposed to be something fun that you go to do with other people. I feel like half of the price of the movie is just for the experience of being there with friends.
And the popcorn. You can't forget the delicious, overpriced popcorn. I don't think there's any better popcorn in the world than movie theater popcorn.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
A lot of the time I prefer watching movies by myself. I cry a lot in movies, and I love to be home alone watching something and just having a good ol sob without having to worry about someone seeing me and trying to hide those tears haha.

As for going to the cinema by myself, well I've never done that, but am not opposed to doing it one day.