Watching Mike...

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Flyhigher, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Guest

I saw Michael Jordon play in Chicago over ten years ago... I was in the nose bleed section, but I didn't care... It was an experience I will not soon forget...
    However, I also had the pleasure of watching Kobe play in LA three years ago, and it was almost like watching Mike... Kobe may be the next MJ...

2. njbroncsfan

njbroncsfan Registered Member

You say that like Kobe was a rookie last year. Hes been in the league for a while now and his time to be like MJ is running out. And IMO he will never get there.

3. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

He's the closest thing that I've seen to MJ over the years...The way he can score at will and put up 50, 60, hell even 80 points in a game is amazing!

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Maybe, if he had Shaq still...but that'd take away from his dominance. He's got to have role players that'll help him be the next MJ, and lots of players aren't willing to do that. =/

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Personally I think there's not going to be another Michael Jordan, he's in a league of his own in my opinion. But I do agree Kobe is the closest since Jordan, and Bryant is an amazing player but I don't think hes better then MJ or will ever be.

That's awesome that you had the chance to watch him play, even if it's in the nose bleed section you can still say that you had a chance to watch Jordan play live. I wish I could say that.

6. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

How many times must this be said there will never be another Jordan, never ever. Kobe is the leagues best player but that doesnt put him anywhere near Jordan in terms of heart and the will to win. Bryant is a HOFer but he's no Jordan.

7. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Guest

Michael not only could fly, he had the ability to make his team play better as a whole...
    Pippen was great when he played for the Bulls, however, his play didn't seem that great while he played for Portland...

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I believe that Scottie Pippen was a key part of Portlands success. If you remember that far the Portland TrailBlazer were one of the top teams in the NBA, and they were won win away of making the NBA finals in 2000 and Scottie Pippen was a big reason why for that. He might not have the same numbers then he did in chicago but they were still pretty good. Also lets not forget that he was getting up there in age when he played for the TrailBlazers he was way passed his prime.

9. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Guest

You know Scottie may have never even played for the NBA if his height hadn't jumped 7 inches in college... He was just 6'1" at the start of his college career... Those wheaties must have worked...

10. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

that's amazing! I never knew that!