Movies Watching a movie after it's announced Best Picture of the year

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by StroShow, Mar 9, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Some people did it with Slumdog Millionaire two years ago, and this year with The Hurtlocker...so the question I have for everyone is the following: Will you make an effort to watch a movie right after it was announced as Best Picture of the year at the Oscars?

Discuss

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I am more likely to watch The Hurt Locker now that it has won Best Picture. Honestly I didn't hear much about it before so I didn't have much interest to see it. The last few movies to win Best Picture have been excellent.

3. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

It depends on the movie really. If it doesnt look like it will interest me then I won't bother going to see it.

4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Generally movies that win best picture are you know, good, so why wouldn't I make sure to watch them?

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

If it didn't interest me before winning the award, it won't afterwards.

6. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I can watch a movie I've never seen before even if it won the best picture of a couple of years ago ... let alone for this year.
    I don't care . If I think it'll draw my attention, I watch it.

7. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I watch a movie if it looks good from the trailer or I have heard good things, otherwise I wont. Getting best picture dosen't really mean anything to me.

8. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Unless the film is completely unappealing to me I'd probably give it a chance. I admit that I made much more of an effort to see Hurt Locker after all the awards it got. Sometimes films slip by me unnoticed and it takes that kind of attention to get it on my radar.

9. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

The Hurt Locker sounded interesting before it won anything, so I'm just as likely to see it. Slumdog was getting great reviews before it won, so I was already planning to see it (although The Dark Knight was a far better movie).

Other than that, I haven't really paid attention to what movies have won it. I think if I found out a movie had won, I'd be more inclined to look into it to see if it's something I'd want to watch, but I wouldn't necessarily just want to watch it.

10. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

It is perhaps down to films' marketing strategies. The Hurt Locker seriously evaded my wide-eyed gaze extremely well.

For the reasons stated, it is more likely for me to see a film after winning awards due to being (generally) good films. A part of me, however, selfishly wishes I could view them before all their prestigious commendations. =)