• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Watching a movie after it's announced as best picture?!

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Will you make an effort to watch a movie right after it was announced as Best Picture of the year at the Oscars?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Oscar Robertson. Look it up ;).

Regarding the OP, if I don't bother seeing it when it in the theatre or comes out on DVD than there's no way winning the best picture won't sway me to see it even more.

Konshentz

Konshentz
No. If I haven't already seen the movie beforehand, it receiving the award won't cause me to rush out and do so. They usually give the award to the wrong movie anyway.

TORHABSFAN

It's usaly a turn off for me. Most Oscar fils are boring pretensious crap. So if It gets oscar buzz it usally makes me not want to watch it.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
Oscar Robertson. Look it up ;).

Regarding the OP, if I don't bother seeing it when it in the theatre or comes out on DVD than there's no way winning the best picture won't sway me to see it even more.
So they named some fancy award for movies after a basketball player?

I pay zero attention to them award shows. Just because they think it is a good movie, doesn't mean my personal taste will like it. Like a few years ago, didn't some movie win an Oscar that was without voices and in black and white?