Watchers at a stand still - media

wolvergambit

Registered Member
All of a sudden today it's like time has stood still. I haven't had 1 new watcher? Have I entered the twilight zone and don't know it?? LOL

I find it so hard to get media attention in Canada. I have emailed everyone around and haven't heard a thing. It's strange because all over the news on the internet is about these new bans for smoking and smoking awareness groups in school. I figured that they would of loved to write about my auction since it deals with the same issue, but nothing yet?

Nanner

Registered Member
wolvergambit said:
All of a sudden today it's like time has stood still. I haven't had 1 new watcher? Have I entered the twilight zone and don't know it?? LOL

I find it so hard to get media attention in Canada. I have emailed everyone around and haven't heard a thing. It's strange because all over the news on the internet is about these new bans for smoking and smoking awareness groups in school. I figured that they would of loved to write about my auction since it deals with the same issue, but nothing yet?

Have you tried the US as well? Yes it is a big strange if that is the hot topic lately that they haven't picked up on your story! As for if you've entered the twilight zone? After some of the things I've seen for sale on eBay you may have :D

wolvergambit

Registered Member
Yes I have emailed lots of sources in the US as well, especially papers that just ran storys on the smoking bans, but no one has replied? I just don't get it! Maybe if I advertised a cigarette in the shape of the Pope that would get press. LOL

The_Human_Pin

Registered Member
The big thing I find in Canada (as i do ALOT of promotion outside of ebay) is to email or phone people when there is little else in the news and I have been told time and time again from reporters that saturday is the weakest day for news so they are digging for news that day (thats why you see kids lemonade stands on the 2nd page).

Just a hint

B "THP" M

kromsales

Registered Member
wolvergambit said:

I have come to realize emailing doesnt work. You need to call them. Email then call in a day or two. That is how I got most of my media. Good Luck

wolvergambit

Registered Member
I thought of calling, but was kind of nervous, figuring they would probably laugh at me when I mentioned Ebay!